Yacht Transport to France
Transporting a water vessel as large as a yacht from the USA to France brings about many challenges. This is why most yacht owners, dealers and manufacturers go through a licensed and reputable transport company to get their yachts and water vessels shipped from one location to the next. Professional transport companies will have all the training, equipment and knowledge needed to ensure a smooth, successful shipping process.
Before you can even transport your yacht to France, it must meet the country’s import restrictions and laws. Although this is difficult for anyone unfamiliar with shipping overseas, your transport company will be of great assistance throughout the entire process. It is also suggested that you call the Embassy of France to ask about the import regulations and Value Added Tax (VAT) rates. VAT rates can change at any time, but are usually around 20% for any water vessel entering the country. This tax along with other small taxes must be paid in full before Customs approves the vessel’s import.
The Advantages of Hiring a Transporter for International Delivery
- Overseas yacht transport companies will use the latest and most durable shipping equipment to secure your yacht for its overseas transport to France.
- The employees involved with your yacht’s shipping process will be highly trained and experienced individuals.
- Your yacht will be protected by insurance coverage. Every state sets a minimum insurance coverage amount for all licensed transport companies. It is required that they carry at least the minimal amount by law.
- You’ll have various transport services to select from. Open air transport is the cheapest of the options. Enclosed transport methods are more expensive and may not be suitable for your yacht depending on its size.
- Interstate and international boat transport services are reasonably priced and cost effective.
- Customer service representatives will be there to help you through the process of gathering the documents for Customs. All documentation requested must be presented to the Customs office before the transport can go through. Some of these documents include the Bill of Sale, title and registration, and proof of paid taxes.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?