Ship Three (3) Motorcycles
The act of shipping three or more motorcycles isn’t an uncommon practice. In fact, many auto transport companies that offer motorcycle shipping are used to conducting this kind of delivery. Those companies with a longstanding history in the transport industry will have all the equipment and training they need to safely deliver multiple bikes at once.
Perhaps the most common way to ship multiple motorcycles is through open air shipping methods. Although open air methods don’t offer the most protection against road construction debris and poor weather conditions, they are used and highly preferred by many shipping customers including dealerships and manufacturers. By state law, a licensed transport service must meet the state’s minimum insurance requirements. This means that the value of your bikes is at least partially covered by insurance during their travels with the transporter.
Preparing Your Motorcycles for Their Travels with a Transporter
- Clean and wash each motorcycle if necessary. You want them to look their best once they arrive at their new home. Cleaning the bikes free from dirt and grime makes it easier to spot any visible markings such as dents and scratches.
- Remove any loose items. If you are using a crated transport method, you may need to remove the handlebars as well.
- Drain all fluids from the bikes with the exception of fuel. Leave the gas tanks ¼ full or less.
- Write down and take pictures of any damages. You can refer to your notes when you inspect the bikes after their delivery is final. If you spot any harm, inform the transport company so they can file an insurance claim right away.
- If you’re sending the motorcycles oversea, call the embassy of the country you’re delivering the bikes to. Every nation has its own import laws in place. You will be responsible for paying taxes and duties aside from shipping costs.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?