Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Cyprus
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Importing a Vehicle to Cyprus From The United States
Shipping A Car To Cyprus.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cyprus, or the Republic of Cyprus, is an island nation in the Mediterranean Sea so costs to ship there fall more or less in line with other shipping fees in the area.
- For a standard auto coming from the U.S., this means that it costs between $1,700 and $3,500 most commonly.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Cyprus
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port)|
|Portland, OR to|
(California port) to Aradippou
|Seattle, WA to|
(California port) to Limassol
|Columbus, OH to|
(New York port) to Limassol
|Chicago, IL to (New York port)|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port)|
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Houston, TX to (New York port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Cyprus is a small country island in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. It is closely located near Turkey, Greece, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, and Israel. The country of Cyprus has the Troodos Mountains located in the center which is the only part of the country to experience snowfall. Other than that, the climate is subtropical.
There are many different territories in Cyprus, in which all can be reached by well-developed roadways. Over half of Cyprus roads are paved and it is relatively easy to travel with an automobile. There is a lot of beauty and development being made as the country continues to progress in their efforts to maintain an advanced civilization. Making it a place where tourism thrives and many come to reside.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Permanent Residency and Extended Stays
Considering the latest advancements in energy throughout Cyprus, many are coming to reside for work and study. Many invest in the latest technology and Cyprus has definitely grown to become a place of interest.
As one travels to the country for a long stay or for permanent residency, having a personal vehicle will help immensely. Whether they are there for work in the latest energy progression or there to reside, having a personal vehicle will make travel easier. With the many roadways, traveling can be done leisurely and be trying to overcome language and currency barriers won’t be as much of a concern.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Cyprus
While there isn’t much to be found in the documentation and requirements of vehicle shipment to Cyprus from the United States, one can assume that specific documentation will be needed such as a title, Certificate of Registration, proof of ownership, and a picture I.D. The following are the verifiable required documents:
- Proof of registration
- Sales invoice
- Current insurance
Contact Cyprus Customs prior to the vehicle’s importation for all rules in regards to the importation of a personal vehicle. They will be able to direct the vehicle’s owner in taking the proper steps. Expect higher duties and taxes and be aware that there is long-term and short-term importation requirements which differ in regulations.
Methods of Shipment
There are various methods of shipping/exporting a vehicle into Cyprus. These include air shipping, RO/RO shipping, and container shipping. RO/RO and container shipping are the most commonly chosen.
RO/RO shipping will allow the transporting of a personal vehicle to cost less compared to the other methods. The vehicle must be empty with the exception of floor mats, a car jack, and a spare tire. The vehicle will be rolled onto the ship and off the ship.
Container shipping is a wonderful option for those needing to ship other belongings allowed by Cyprus Customs. The vehicle can be filled with property as well as the container’s remaining space. A container comes in two different sizes and can be shared with another individual. This will help cut the costs of shipping.
Air shipping is typically too pricey and not many people can afford this method as it remains nearly impractical. However, it is an option.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Cyprus
The process of shipping cargo from the United States to another country is one that only professionals should oversee. It takes careful planning, durable shipping equipment, comprehension of foreign import policies, the latest transport technologies, and more to ensure a successful transport of heavy equipment and oversized cargo to the country of Cyprus. Fortunately, at A1 Auto Transport, we have everything we need which is why we have been helping people ship their cargo all over the world for decades.
Examples of Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment We’re Able to Ship
- Tractors, harvesters, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes & excavators
- Yachts & pontoon boats
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Asphalt pavers & road rollers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering equipment
- Mining equipment
- Agricultural equipment
Shipping Methods Available to Those Shipping Heavy Equipment Overseas
The type of cargo you have will ultimately determine which transport methods are available to you. When you describe your equipment to our representatives over the phone when you call to inquire and schedule, we will inform you of your options and what we feel is best for your cargo’s transport to Cyprus. Read below if you want some insight as to what our overseas shipping services are.
- LoLo or Lift On/Lift Off Transport- With a crane we safely lift your heavy equipment onto the ship using a crane. The cargo is lifted off the ship with a crane once it reaches port in or near Cyprus.
- RoRo or Roll On/Roll Off Transport- Not all sea ports except cargo shipped through this method of transport so ground transport methods may also be necessary to complete the delivery. However, this is the cheapest shipping method and it is only offered to those with operable equipment and vehicles.
- Container Shipping- As the most expensive of your options, this method offers the most protection as long as your heavy cargo fits in a 40ft shipping container.
- Flat Rack Shipping- This open air service secures your cargo to a metal frame before it is placed on the ship for its transport to Cyprus.