Nicosia is by far the largest city located on the island of Cyprus. It has its location near the center of the Mesaoria plain on the Pedieos River. It’s also the seat of the government and capital of the Republic of Cyprus. Today, the northern part of the capital is the capital of the Northern Cyprus which is a de-facto state considered to be duly occupied Cypriot territory. Nicosia is the financial capital of Cyprus and also the main international business hub.
There are different territories in Cyprus that could be easily reached thanks to the well-developed roadway structure. Over half of the roads on the island are paved and it’s safe to say that traveling is relatively easy with a regular vehicle. There are a lot of improvements that are going on in the country and it continues to progress. It’s a thriving place for tourism and a lot of people come to reside in the country.
However, it helps to have a good international auto shipping service to complete the process as it is difficult to complete the process on your own. To start with, you need to get the T2L and T2LF documentation and submit it to Cyprus Customs Service. We’ll do that. To know the cost of the transportation, you need to add the taxes which include 15% Ad Valorem and 19% VAT on the purchase price of the vehicle in addition to the regular excise duty.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Permanent Residency Permits.
A lot of people come to reside or to work and study in the country thanks to the latest improvements. A lot of people invest in the latest technology and with this, in mind, Cyprus has definitely grown to become a point of interest. Having a personal vehicle, regardless of the duration of your stay, is definitely beneficial. Whether you are here to work/ study or for any other reasons, your vehicle brings a lot of conveniences.
There aren’t a lot of specific regarding the documentation but you can assume that documents such as title, registration, insurance policy, picture I.D., proof of ownership, passport and other relevant documents will be demanded. You can contact the Cyprus Customs prior to the process in order to ensure that you have all the necessary information about the transportation. They are going to direct you in taking all the necessary steps. You can expect high duties and taxes and additional long-term and short-term requirements which are going to differ.
Though there are different methods of transporting your vehicle to Cyprus, air shipping is quick but very expensive so most people cannot afford it. Thus, the other methods are ocean freight shipping and you can choose between RORO and Container Shipping.
- RORO – this would require you to drive the vehicle on a shipping deck and on the freight ship on its own wheels. You won’t be allowed to leave anything in the car but the floor mat, car jack, spare tire and spare set of keys.
- Container shipping – you can take advantage of privately enclosed container that could be filled with all of the personal belongings that you want. It’s more expensive but you get more value.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory