Morfou is a city in Cyprus that is located in the northwestern region. It’s also the current administrative center of the Guzelyurt District. If you are a returning citizen or plan to stay on for work at Morfou, having your personal vehicle is going to prove to be very beneficial.
This is the best form of transportation as the roads are well- maintained and you’d have the freedom to travel at will.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
In order to import your vehicle, you would have to have a certain set of documents. The most basic list of required documentation includes a photo ID, passport, proof of ownership, registration certificate as well as vehicle title.
The first thing that you need to do is to get a T2L or a T2LF document from the customs or through the services of A1 Auto Transport. As per the laws of the Cyprus Customs and Excise Authority, you are going to have to pay certain charges such as the excise duty which amounts to 15% and also a 19% VAT which is calculated on the price of purchase.
The Cyprus Customs Authority can provide you with a more detailed list of required documentation. They will also be able to assist you with figuring out the best steps to get your vehicle imported and to ensure that everything is in order. Make sure to see that everything is properly filled out in order to avoid unnecessary delays. You can also calculate the entire cost of the transport. Keep in mind that you’d have to pay higher duties if you intend to stay for longer. You can also get in touch with the Embassy of Cyprus in Washington, DC in order to get more details about the policies for importation.
You can choose between a few different types of shipping methods based on your budget, preferences, and requirements. You can go for Roll On/Roll Off, container shipping, and air shipping.
- RORO shipping is by far the easiest and fastest way to get your car delivered on water. It would require you to drive it on its own wheels on a shipping deck and get it safely strapped there to prevent any complications. You wouldn’t be allowed to ship anything else. With this in mind, the car needs to be completely empty and have nothing in it but the floor mats, car jack, spare tires and an extra set of keys.
- Container Shipping is your second option. This provides quite a lot of convenience if you need to ship additional belongings. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container based on your needs. Due to an increased amount of checkpoints, the time for shipping is usually longer.
- Air shipping is by far the fastest way to get your car and belonging shipped. Of course, it’s also the most expensive one.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory