Safe And Reliable Oklahoma Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Motorcycle shipment to Oklahoma is an easy feat when you choose the right company for the job. It doesn't necessarily cost a lot depending on how you ship it and there are several options available. Many companies will also offer insurance during shipment. It is up to you if you decide to get insurance or not, but it is always a good idea to give the bike that extra bit of protection.
Different Methods of Motorcycle Shipment
There are a few different methods to take advantage of for motorcycle shipment. All of these methods are great options, but not all of them are as safe or cheap. It really all comes down to a matter of preference and budget limitations.
- Open Air Shipping is a shipping method in which the bike is placed atop a trailer or flatbed for shipment. This leaves it open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Enclosed Shipping is when the motorcycle is placed inside of a trailer or container. This method keeps the bike safer from harm.
- Crated Shipping is when the bike is placed on a wooden pallet, strapped down, and placed within a container. This is the safest method of shipment. It also requires the bike to be drained of all fluids and the battery to be disconnected.
- Terminal to Terminal is when the motorcycle must be dropped off at a terminal for shipment. Then, at the time of its retrieval, it must be picked up at another terminal.
- Door to Door Shipping is when the shipping company picks the bike up directly from you and drops it off at a specified address.
How Do I Prepare for Shipment of My Motorcycle?
There are several things that must be done in preparation for your motorcycle's shipment. This is standard for most shipping methods with the exception of crated shipping.
- Check all fluids and tire pressure.
- Disable the alarm system if the motorcycle has one.
- Check for any damage prior to shipment. Take pictures and notes for your own sake.
- Make sure there is a ¼ tank of gas.
- Clean the bike completely.
- Take any loose or unnecessary items off of the motorcycle before shipment.
Motorcycle Shipping Companies throughout Oklahoma
Reliable Auto Transport Inc.
11705 Bevenshire Rd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73162
Premier Auto Transport Co.
1300 211 Robinson Ave.
Oklahoma City Auto Transport
300 110 N. Hudson Ave.
First Call Auto Transport
1700 S. Sunnylane Rd.
Del City, OK 73115
Dependable Auto Transport
201 3000 United Founders Blvd.
Popular Shipping Destination:
- Broken Arrow
- Midwest City
- Oklahoma City
- Ponca City
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.