Low Loader Vehicle Transport
Low Loader Vehicle Transport
Does this scenario seem familiar?
You have a vehicle you want shipped to another state and you need a shipping process that is quick, simple, and cost-effective.
A lot of the companies you have talked to are offering convoluted car shipping methods that seem like more effort than they are worth.
Car shipping doesn’t need to be complicated
Look, if you are like us, you just want a simple, time-tested method of shipping your vehicle without having to drive it yourself!
We have the answer: low loader vehicle transport
Low loaders are a great option to ship your vehicles by land. You can either use an entire low loader (if you are shipping many vehicles or very large vehicles), or you can share one with other clients.
Car shipping companies are great at using low loaders since the use of loaders is prominent regarding car shipment across the nation.
They already have the equipment and can offer you rates that you will not find anywhere else. Also keep in mind, that you may need a specific type of low loader depending on the type of vehicle you are shipping.
This should not be an issue, however. If you need to ship a tractor, for instance, you will likely be able to find car shipping company that can help.
The great thing about low loaders is that they are versatile, and that you can ship a great variety of vehicles using only one. In this article, we will cover the main types of low loaders that your car shipping company will likely be using. We will also cover the benefits of using a low loader to ship your vehicles.
What is a Low Loader?
Let’s take it back a step and talk basics. If you are looking to ship your vehicle domestically, you are going to need to know what a low loader is in the first place.
Even if you do not know what a low leader is by name, you have most likely seen at least one in your life. Low loaders are large trailers that transport vehicles on them. The vehicle is driven onto the bed of the loader and secured.
The “lowness” of a loader is implemented in order to load vehicles more easily. The ramps are long and ensure that workers loading vehicles onto the backs of loaders can manage it.
Types of Low Loaders
There are many different types of low loaders on the market. Here are five of the most common you may encounter.
- Fixed Gooseneck Low Loader: This is the lightest type of low loader. Fixed gooseneck low loaders are also lower to the ground than other types of low loaders. Being so low to the ground, as well as longer, vehicle owners oftentimes experience no issues loading their vehicles on the loader once the neck is lowered.
- Fixed-neck Low Loader: Fixed-neck low loaders cannot be detached from their cab. This means that all vehicles will need to be loaded from the back. Like the fixed gooseneck low loader, the fixed-neck low loader is also one of the lightest types of low loaders.
- Hydraulic Detachable Gooseneck Low Loader: Hydraulic detachable gooseneck low loaders are very common, and are the most useful form of low loader. They compromise on weight and efficiency, but make up for it in loading speed and efficiency. This is the low loader to use if you are not yet sure of the exact process you will use to load your vehicle on a low loader.
- Mechanically-Detachable Gooseneck Low Loader: Mechanically-detachable gooseneck low loaders are lighter than hydraulic detachable low loaders, but they are a bit more difficult to load a vehicle onto. Nevertheless, many people use mechanically-detachable gooseneck low loaders to transport vehicles long distances, as they excel at long speciality hauls.
- Mechanical Folding Gooseneck Low Loader: Mechanical folding gooseneck low loaders are similar to fixed-neck low loaders, except that the ramp which you use to load your vehicle with folds, rather than stay in position.
Transporting Your Vehicle by Low Loader
A wide variety of vehicles can be transported by low loader. Farm equipment, heavy machinery, boats, SUVs, and even aircraft can be placed on the back of a low loader and transported across the country.
Major construction companies often transport heavy machinery across the country using low loaders because it is a cost-effective method of shipping such large machinery.
Here’s why low loader vehicle transport is the best choice
Can Accommodate a Wide Variety of Vehicles
Since low loaders are used for a wide variety of vehicles, from commercial sedans to farm equipment, it is likely that you will be able to use a low loader to transport your vehicles. The use of a low loader will ensure that your shipping costs are cost-efficient.
If you need to ship heavy equipment, the use of a low loader is a godsend. You will not have to dismantle your vehicle into parts to ship it. You can ship the vehicle as-is and drive it off the low loader once your vehicle reaches its destination.
Low Loaders Can be Driven on the Freeway
Some shipping vehicles need to drive at low speeds. Other shipping vehicles require an escort to warn other drivers of their presence. Transporting rocks from a quarry, for instance, may require an escort, as well as driving at low speeds so that rocks do not fly off the truck bed and hit the windshields of other cars. With a low loader, however, you can have your vehicles shipped easily and in a timely manner.
Time-Tested Car Shipping Method
Many vehicles have been transported by low loaders over the years. When domestic shipping a vehicle for instance, car owners often vie for using low loaders to open air transport their vehicles. When transporting your own vehicle in this manner, you are choosing a cost-efficient, and time-tested form of car shipment that every car shipping company will not only be familiar with, but have used countless times.
The Best Benefit of Using a Low Loader
The best benefit of using a low loader is one of convenience. Low loaders are popular and commonly-used to ship vehicles around the country. As a result, the shipment process will be efficient, and cost-effective. Your car shipping company of choice will have a deep knowledge of using a low loader as well, which will make the process of shipping your car a breeze. Now, all you have to do is start calling up companies!
Want to learn more? Give us a call
A-1 Auto Transport has years of experience in the industry. We aren’t going to try and wow you with pointless accomplishments though because all you care about is getting your vehicle from point A to point B.
So, that’s what we’re going to do for you.
Give us a call today if you want a competitive price, great service, and a hassle-free experience.