Motorcycle Shipping Companies: Certifications and Licensing
All auto transport companies are required to have certain certifications and licensing to prove their validity. This ensures the legality and safety of the transporter, making it easier for their customers to trust them. There are guidelines and laws that a shipping company must abide by if they wish to maintain a trustworthy, well reputed and flourishing business.
Every state will have their own set of licensing requirements. The state the motorcycle shipping company is located in will determine what the licensing requirements are. Following the laws of your state will keep a transport company honest. For instance, one very important requirement of the state is that all transporters must carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage for their customers. This only ensures that the customers’ goods are protected during their delivery process.
Aside from state licensing, other certifications are also necessary or at least appropriate to have. Another requirement for auto shipping companies is being certified through the Department of Transportation. Companies that use commercial vehicles to transport passengers or cargo must register with the FMCSA and have a USDOT Number. The USDOT Number is a unique way to identify a company during audits, investigations and compliance reviews.
For further acceptance, there are other forms of approval a transport company can easily gain. Motorcycle shipping companies can also strive for approval through the Better Business Bureau. Approval through the BBB is one great way to show customers that a shipping company can be trusted. Maintaining good reviews and ratings through other well-known online resources is also wise for any transporter.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?