Can I Drive My Car In Europe?
Have your car shipped over whenever you’re going to Europe for an extended length or time or even permanently. There are many advantages to having your own car in another country or continent. Luckily, European import laws aren’t very strict and are actually quite simple to abide by.
Always find a reputable auto transport company nearby your home in the U.S. for international shipping services. A dependable transporter will be with you every step of the way. However despite their knowledge, it is smart to contact the European Embassy for the current auto import regulations. Following all laws is your responsibility and to earn the certification of import approval from Customs, you must have all the requested proof.
Documents Usually Requested for Overseas Transports
- Current title and registration
- Proof of purchase or commercial invoice
- Copy of import approval or Customs receipt
- License and passport
- Proof of paid duties associated with vehicle import
Along with the paperwork listed above, you’ll need to provide proof of the paid taxes and duties associated with your car’s transport. Not all European nations demand import taxes but you can call the embassy for further information.
After the vehicle’s arrival to Europe, you will have six months to get it registered. Several government facilities offer auto registration services. Driving your car around Europe won’t be an issue unless the vehicle is not yet registered to the nation after six months of its arrival. Of course, you must also have insurance coverage from the country you reside in.
Not only is it hard to comply with foreign import laws, but it’s nearly impossible to ship a car without the right equipment or haulers. Hiring an overseas auto transporter is honestly the most inexpensive and reliable way to ship a car to another nation. Find a company with a positive reputation and proper licensing. They should also have BBB approval and DOT verifications.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory