Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Yacht Transport by Sea
Transporting a yacht by sea is definitely a job for licensed transport specialists. No matter how big or small your yacht is it can be shipped by boat to another nation through professional transporters. There is a lot involved in the safe delivery of a water vessel. Durable transport gear and the latest shipping technology are essential in the process of overseas yacht transport. The experience of the shipping company is extremely important.
They must have knowledge of foreign import policies and properly trained to handle the act of shipping to another nation.
How Professional International Transport Is Beneficial
- An international yacht transporter will help you get import approval through Customs. You’ll need to receive the certificate of import approval before the yacht can transport to another country. Although the transporter will have knowledge of foreign import policies, you can gain more insight by calling the embassy of the nation for more information including tax rates.
- They’ll provide overland transport services from wherever the yacht is stored to the water vessel taking it to another nation.
- Insurance coverage is added on to the purchase of yacht shipping services at no extra cost. By law the transport company must provide the minimal amount of insurance coverage as required by the state. For further assurance, you can purchase additional insurance through the transporter.
- Winterization, shrink-wrapping and further precautionary services are available.
- You can keep track of your yacht’s shipping process through real-time satellite tracking. You can use any Wi-Fi enabled device to log in to the transporter’s tracking service.
- They will help you find storage solutions if you’re interested.
- They will explain the proper preparation procedures and even help prepare the yacht before its international transport.
Try to schedule your yacht’s transport at least a couple months in advance. It will take some time to get all the proper documentation together and to gain Customs import approval for the yacht. The transport company will help hurry this process along as much as they can, providing their assistance every step of the way.