Will the Navy Ship My Motorcycle?
Shipping a motorcycle is a fairly simple task when you utilize the right tools. To take advantage of these tools, you will need to hire a professional motorcycle transport company.
If you are in the Navy and have orders to relocate in the near future, consider hiring a professional motorcycle hauler.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing a Motorcycle for Transport.
- Check to make sure the gas reading is no higher than ¼ of a tank of gas.
- Disable the security alarm if the bike is equipped with one.
- Remove loose objects.
- Check the tire pressure, fluids, and battery.
- Inspect and document any existing damage for your records (take photos).
Different Methods Used to Transport Motorcycles.
- Enclosed Transport – This shipping solution is known for being the most secure way to ship a motorcycle. Enclosed shipping is also known for being the most expensive shipping solution, but it will keep your bike safe from the elements, road hazards, and theft. Consider this type of shipping if your bike is rare or very valuable.
- Open Air Transport – This type of transport is the least expensive way to get the job done. Your motorcycle will undergo a brief inspection and then be safely loaded onto the carrier. Once it is loaded, it will be secured to the open trailer and delivered to its destination. Remember to remove all personal items from the vehicle prior to the ship date.
- Terminal to Terminal – This delivery option means you will need to drop your bike off at the shipping depot and pick it up again once it has been delivered. You will need to arrange a ride home for yourself once the bike has been dropped off. This delivery option combined with open air transport is the most cost efficient way to ship a bike to date.
- Door to Door Transport – This is exactly what it sounds like. Your bike will be picked up at your home and delivered directly to its destination. This is a more expensive shipping alternative, but it provides the most convenience.