A motorcycle transport company will haul your motorcycle for a low cost and get it there safely. You can expect a little anxiety when it comes to shipping something as large and as valuable as a motorcycle, but this worry will be minimal when an expert is on the job.
For safety reasons, motorcycle transport companies have set an unwavering procedure in place that has proved to be successful with all kinds of shipping.
To get an honest estimate for motorcycle shipping services, provide the transporter with specific information. Answer all of their questions as detailed as possible. You may also fill out a form on their website if they have it available. Calling in is the quickest and most personalized way to receive a quote.
Types of Shipping Services Offered.
- Enclosed Transport - This method is the safest way to transport a motorcycle. It is a pricey way to transport your bike, but it does provide full protection against the elements.
- Open Air Transport - This is the most common way to transport a bike, but if you have a very valuable motorcycle or an antique bike, you will want to consider another transport option.
- Container Transport - Your motorcycle is kept safe within a small shipping container for its journey. You may need to remove the handlebars and other items that protrude from the bike.
- Door to Door - This makes shipping a motorcycle even more convenient for the shipper. If you purchase this delivery option, a truck will come to your home or desired location on the scheduled ship date and transport your bike to its destination from there.
- Terminal to Terminal - This is best for anyone who lives near the depot where the bike will be shipped to and from. You will need to provide your own transport to retrieve your motorcycle once it has been delivered.
What Will It Cost Have My Bike Shipped through Professionals?
The cost of motorcycle transport depends on the type of motorcycle you are trying to ship, the weight of the bike and the distance between start and finish. Other factors come into play as well including the method used to transport the bike. If you have never shipped a motorcycle before, you will more than likely receive a deal from the company.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.