Although it’s possible to transport a motorcycle to another location on your own without riding it, the task is better left to experts in the transport industry.
Feel more secure with the bike’s shipping process by hiring a motorcycle shipping company with a positive online presence and reputation. They should have affordable shipping service rates and many options.
What Are My Shipping Options?
Carefully consider all your shipping options. Of course, every transport company offers their own variety of services so make sure you check their website or call in to ask. It’s important to keep your budget in mind but with such affordable rates, don’t be afraid to spend more if you feel a service will benefit your transport. The transporter should carry insurance coverage for all of their customers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- The safest method of motorcycle transport is created transport. You’ll likely need to remove the battery and drain all fluids with the exception of the fuel tank. Handlebars may also need removal. When the bike is prepped properly, it snuggly fits inside the crate with the wooden pallet it’s strapped down to.
- Enclosed shipping services aren’t as expensive as created shipping but it still provides the bike with protection from the outside. Some transporters even let their customers ship other household goods in the remaining container space.
- The cheapest motorcycle shipping method is open-air transport. Although it is left without any shelter from the weather, this method is popular among manufacturers, dealers and anyone shipping the vehicle a shorter distance.
- Terminal to terminal transport is a cheaper service. The owner of the motorcycle will drop it off at one of the shipping terminals and pick it up at another.
- Door to door transport is a convenient service where the company comes to retrieve the bike from you and drops it off anywhere you need it to go.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory