The act of shipping a motorcycle from one place to another is handled much easier by a transport company. By paying attention to the reviews and ratings given by past customers, it’s easier to find a shipping company that is worthy of your interest.
If you wish for the utmost protection for your bike, hiring professionals is the only way to go.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How Do I Choose the Best Shipping Services?
Before shipping a motorcycle off to its destination, consider the variety of available shipping services. They are all dependable, but some of them are a bit safer than others. Customer service will assist you in your selections. They can even customize your shipping process if necessary.
Many shipping customers choose crated shipping services for their bikes. It offers protection from vandalism, poor weather and other obstacles faced on the road. This added protection along with insurance coverage, assures your motorcycle will arrive safe and sound at its new home.
Methods of Transporting a Motorcycle.
- Crated shipping is the safest form of shipment. The motorcycle’s placed on a wooden pallet and strapped down. Then, it’s placed within a small crate. Drain all fluids and disconnect the battery before it’s secured for delivery.
- Open air transport will mean that the bike’s placed on the back of a flatbed and tied down. It is open to the possibility of poor weather and road conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the bike’s placed within an enclosed a trailer for transport. This is another safe shipping service.
- Terminal to terminal is when the motorcycle must be dropped off at a terminal and retrieved from another terminal.
- The door to door services will send a hauler to your home to retrieve the motorcycle. It is then dropped off at the address specified by the customer.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?