Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
The Costs Associated with Boat Shipping Services
After you find a few wonderful boat shipping companies you have interest in, gather their contact information. Give them a call one by one so that you can gain more information regarding their services and costs. By providing the shipping company with the necessary details, they can give you a rough estimate for the boat’s transport services you’re interested in. You’ll then have a better idea of it’ll cost to ship your water vessel.
You may notice an online calculator on the websites of some of the transport companies. These calculators provide a fast estimate for services although they’re not usually 100% accurate. This should only take a minute or so to submit the information for the online calculator. The costs associated with boat shipping shouldn’t be too far off from one another. Most shipping companies base their charges off of the same criteria.
How Shipping Costs are Calculated
- The distance that must be traveled to get the boat from Point A to Point B. The distance is measured in miles.
- Since there are various shipping methods and services to choose from for your boat’s safe delivery, the rates will differ between each one. For example, enclosed transport services typically cost more than an open air methods. Door to door delivery is an optional service that is also a slight increase in cost.
- Current fuel costs especially along the route that’s traveled are deeply considered.
- If you are shipping your boat overseas to another nation, you will need to pay import taxes like the value added tax (VAT) and other tariffs. Although this isn’t required by the transport company, the boat cannot be delivered until it is approved by the Customs Department. You’ll need to hand over proof of paid taxes to Customs with other required documentation.
- Any customizations or special requests will also increase the rate paid for shipping services.