Shipping a Classic Motorcycle
There are many wonderful motorcycle shipping companies out there with experience in the transportation of classic motorcycles. Whether you need to ship out a classic 1970 Vespa or a 1929 Harley Davidson, an auto transporter with a history in the industry will have the ability to handle the delivery successfully. It takes great care and caution to safely deliver a classic vehicle of any kind, but a transporter will have everything they need to carry out the bike’s delivery.
Classic motorcycle owners, dealerships, manufacturers and many other individuals frequently use transport services to deliver their motorcycles anywhere in the world. It is the safest and most proficient way to get a vehicle to another location without having to drive it there. If you go through A1 for shipping services, the drivers of the trailers and haulers are trained and have plenty of experience. They will secure your classic bike for open or enclosed transport using state of the art equipment and tools.
Help with Your Motorcycle Transport
- Schedule a transport at least a few weeks before you would like to have it delivered
- Make sure the gas tank is less than a quarter of a tank full
- Ask about discounts, specials, promotions and sales
- Make sure the motorcycle is covered under the company’s insurance policy
- Ask about expedited or guaranteed shipping services if you are in a hurry to have the bike delivered
- If door to door delivery isn’t an option, ask where the nearest terminals are to your pickup and drop off locations
- Collect the driver’s contact information
- Ask the company if they have tracking services
- Write down and take pictures of any damages already existing on the bike before its transport
- Ask for a breakdown of all the fees and charges on your final bill
- See what services are available to ship a classic motorcycle and let customer service reps help you make your decision if you’re unsure
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory