How to Ship a Classic Motorcycle?
There are many wonderful motorcycle shipping companies out there with experience in the transportation of classic motorcycles. Whether you need to ship out a classic 1970 Vespa or a 1929 Harley Davidson, an auto transporter with a history in the industry will have the ability to handle the delivery successfully. It takes great care and caution to safely deliver a classic vehicle of any kind, but a transporter will have everything they need to carry out the bike’s delivery.
Classic motorcycle owners, dealerships, manufacturers and many other individuals frequently use transport services to deliver their motorcycles anywhere in the world. It is the safest and most proficient way to get a vehicle to another location without having to drive it there. If you go through A1 for shipping services, the drivers of the trailers and haulers are trained and have plenty of experience. They will secure your classic bike for open or enclosed transport using state of the art equipment and tools.
Help with Your Motorcycle Transport
- Schedule a transport at least a few weeks before you would like to have it delivered
- Make sure the gas tank is less than a quarter of a tank full
- Ask about discounts, specials, promotions and sales
- Make sure the motorcycle is covered under the company’s insurance policy
- Ask about expedited or guaranteed shipping services if you are in a hurry to have the bike delivered
- If door to door delivery isn’t an option, ask where the nearest terminals are to your pickup and drop off locations
- Collect the driver’s contact information
- Ask the company if they have tracking services
- Write down and take pictures of any damages already existing on the bike before its transport
- Ask for a breakdown of all the fees and charges on your final bill
- See what services are available to ship a classic motorcycle and let customer service reps help you make your decision if you’re unsure
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com