Shipping a motorcycle across the USA is no easy feat. It’s an act that is best left to professionals in the auto industry, especially a transport company that has familiarity with the process of shipping a motorcycle across the country. Anyone who wishes to keep the bike in the same condition and from accumulating more mileage should definitely look into motorcycle shipping services offered through A1 Auto Transport.
Advice for a Safe Cross-Country Motorcycle Transport
Our bike should be prepared before its cross-country shipping process begins. This not only helps protect the condition of the bike and its mileage, but the motorcycle’s preparation also protects all those involved in its transport. Below, is how you should prepare the motorcycle.
- Wash the bike so that there is no longer any dirt or debris showing.
- Drain the fluids from the bike if it is being shipped through crated transport methods. Otherwise, top off all fluids and only leave the fuel tank ¼ full or less.
- Disable the bike’s alarm system and battery.
- Inspect the vehicle and take note of any damage done to the motorcycle prior to its shipping process. Take photographs of the bike as well.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Of course, the way the bike is prepared will also depend on the method of transport chosen. Crated shipping methods sometimes require extra preparation including the removal of the bike’s handlebars and other loose or unnecessary items.
For more information about cross-country motorcycle shipping services, contact A1 Auto Transport at (800) 452-2880. We will make sure you get the lowest possible rates on the best motorcycle shipping services around! Call in now and we’ll even provide you with a FREE quote.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?