Ship Car To Kassala
Kassala is one of the larger cities in Sudan and is the capital of the state by the same name. It is located on the banks of the River Gash and is the center of trade and commerce in the state.
However, the culture and infrastructure differs greatly from that in United States of America. Most expatriates come to work in the oil industry among others. That is why if you are planning to stay here for an extended basis, it helps to import your car from USA. This bypasses the requirement for language and currency exchange on a regular basis while you are free to travel as per your own requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import from USA.
There are steep taxes to clear before you are allowed to import your car to Kassala in Sudan. You are required to clear the duties before the vehicle can be received from the Sudan Customs Authority. However there are some key considerations that you need to be aware of especially if you are a returning citizen or have been working abroad for over three years. These include:
- Proof of staying abroad for over 3 years.
- Passport copy and work visa.
- Letter of termination/exit documents from USA.
- Title deed and registration documents in your name (compulsory)
- Only vehicles less than 5 years old can be imported.
- Proof of clearance of Zaka and other taxes.
- Import within 6 months of getting the Import permit.
- Owner of the vehicle or authorized representative has to be present when the vehicle arrives.
Additionally there are plenty of documents that you have to submit before the vehicle can be shipped out of USA and it reaches Sudan. Though the documents are these same, they include:
- Title deed.
- Vehicle registrations documents.
- Evaluated value of the vehicle.
- Insurance proof.
- Ownership proof- passport, driving license.
- Employment visa/study visa/residence permit of Sudan.
You will need to discuss it with A1 Auto Transport about the taxes, import duties and the methods of shipment that you can choose. Most common methods include container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-Off (RORO) method. In RORO, you just need to ship a completely empty vehicle devoid of all personal goods, no air conditioning gas and requires that the car alarms are disabled. You need to leave an extra set of keys, floor mats and spare tire when you ship by RORO. This is the cheapest way to ship your vehicle.
Whereas, container shipping is more expensive because you have to hire large 20 feet or 40 feet containers, but as they pack the vehicle and other goods together, it is handy to ship everything together. This is more expensive because it offers higher level of protection to your vehicle and goods.