- Car Shipping Guinea
- Shipping A Car To Guinea
- Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car To Guinea
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Guinea Motor Vehicle Regulations
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guinea
- Before You Ship
- Ways Of Shipping A Car To Guinea
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Guinea
- Overseas Shipping Options For Oversized Cargo And Heavy Equipment
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Guinea
Shipping A Car To Guinea
Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Like many other countries in West Africa, shipping routes from the U.S. to Guinea are expensive and not as plentiful as they are in other parts of the world.
- The cost reflects this, with most cars shipped to the area costing between $2,000 to $6,000.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Guinea
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Conakry||$200||$4,100||5+54|
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Conakry||$275||$3,600||5+29|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Conakry||$350||$4,100||5+54|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Conakry||$400||$3,600||5+29|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Conakry||$450||$4,100||5+54|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Conakry||$550||$4,100||6+54|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Conakry||$550||$3,600||5+29|
|Charlotte, NC to (New York port) to Conakry||$575||$3,600||6+29|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Conakry||$775||$4,100||7+54|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to Conakry||$1,075||$3,600||7+29|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When you need to export a car to Guinea you will need to know a few things about the country of Guinea as well as about international shipping. Guinea is a coastal area that has a tropical climate year round.
From April through November, flooding occurs frequently on the roadways due to monsoons and rain storms. When you’re preparing to have your car shipped to Guinea, there are a few things that have to be taken care of prior to shipping including paperwork and necessary documents that are required by Customs to be able to ship cars and other personal items.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Guinea Motor Vehicle Regulations
When planning to have your car exported to Guinea, you need to be aware of the Motor Vehicle Regulations for shipping a car that has been set by the country and knows that you will need to abide by them in order to have your car in the country and able to be driven. The following are the basic Motor Vehicle Regulations in Guinea:
- Taxes must be paid on new cars being shipped.
- Customs and duty tax is based on the price, freight, and insurance, year of car and the type of engine the car has.
- Relevance sure Traitement de Liquidation (RDL) tax is also assessed on all new car imports at a rate of no less than 2% of the car value.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Guinea
You will also need to make sure you present to Customs in Guinea the following paperwork in order to import your car into the country:
- Title to car.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Value appraisal certificate of car.
- Document showing the engine capacity.
- Registration card.
You can contact the Guinea Embassy in Washington, DC for further information on shipping laws pertaining to the import of cars from the United States.
Before you ship
Before you make arrangements to have your car shipped to Guinea, you will need to speak to the transport agent at the shipping company and find out all requirements that are necessary for shipping a car overseas. The agent will go over in detail the different types of shipping available as well as the cost and actions that must be taken to prepare the car for the trip overseas. You will also need to find out where the nearest exit port is and where the port of entry in Guinea is located to pick the car up when it arrives. There several ports of entry that are accessible to Guinea. Your agent will help you decide which port is most convenient to your location. You will also need to schedule with the transporter if you need the car to picked up in your location and driven to the port, or picked up when it reaches Guinea. They will also help you with paperwork and ensure you have the necessary documents to be able to ship. Another thing you will have to know is how to prepare your car for shipping. Depending on the type of shipping you decide on, you will have to thoroughly clean your car inside to remove all personal items, and there may be exterior things that will have to be removed prior to shipping.
Ways of shipping a car to Guinea
When making plans to ship your car to Guinea you have several choices on how to get the car delivered to you. You agent will go over the details of each type of shipping and will assist you in deciding the type that is best for your situation. The types of shipping a car overseas to Guinea are as follows:
- Ro-Ro Shipping - Ro-Ro Shipping is a shipping method that allows cars to be driven directly onto the carrier ship at the port of entry and driven off at the exit port. With Ro-Ro Shipping your car will be secured right on the deck of the ship for easy transport. Ro-Ro Shipping is the easiest and least expensive way to ship a car overseas
- Container Shipping - Container shipping is a very convenient way to ship a car when you need to ship personal items along with your car. You will have a choice of a 20 foot or a 40-foot container. Usually, if you only have one car, you will only need a 20-foot container. Containers are loaded onto a freight ship for the journey overseas and you will need to either pick the car up at the port or make arrangements with your shipper to have the car picked up and delivered when it arrives at the port of entry to Guinea. Container Shipping is a bit more expensive than Ro-Ro Shipping but is a great way to ship if you have other items to ship with the car.
- Air Cargo Shipping - Using Air Cargo Shipping is an excellent choice when you have a luxury or high-value vehicle. Air shipping is the fastest way to ship, and with many options on the location of entry. Air Shipping is more expensive than shipping by sea, but when you need your car to arrive quickly it is the best way to go. Your transport agent will help you determine which shipping type is best for your situation.
Shipping a car overseas is a perfect choice for those who need to be in Guinea for extended periods of time and is very beneficial for travel throughout the country. If you need more information on Customs regulations or paperwork that is necessary to relocate your car, you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and they can direct you to valuable information as well as the paperwork you will need to have prior to shipping your vehicle.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Guinea
Do you need help shipping your oversized cargo to Guinea from the United States? At A1 Auto Transport, we have the experience as well as access to the state-of-the-art equipment needed to ship any type of heavy equipment overseas. Any heavy cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is usually considered oversized. Some examples of oversized cargo and heavy equipment we ship include…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Paving Equipment
- Motor Graders
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Not only can we guarantee a safe delivery, but we will make sure your heavy or oversized cargo is approved for its import into Guinea. Obeying import policies is perhaps the most confusing, important and yet difficult part of the entire overseas shipping process, especially for those unfamiliar with foreign import laws. Our professional assistance will help everything to go along as planned.
Overseas Shipping Options for Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment
There are various international shipping options depending on the heavy equipment or oversized cargo you’d like to have shipped over from the U.S. to Guinea. Some of these options are less expensive than others, while some offer more security. Below are the shipping options we offer to those transporting equipment internationally.
- Lift-On Lift-Off (LoLo)- This method of transport is recommended to those delivering inoperable vehicles or crated heavy equipment to another nation. The oversized cargo is lifted with a crane and placed on the cargo ship. It is also removed from the ship in the same manner.
- Roll-On Roll-Off (RoRo)- This is the absolute cheapest yet most popular overseas transport method. With this shipping service, the motorized vehicle or heavy equipment is rolled onto and off of the ship.
- Flat Rack- Your cargo is secured to a metal frame for this open air transport service. Since flat racks are typically the last to be loaded onto the ship, your equipment may be covered with shrink wrap for added protection from outside elements.
- Container Shipping- If your equipment is considerably heavy yet is able to fit into a 40ft container, than you can use this shipping method. With the four walls and ceiling shileding it, this method of transport protects your cargo more than the other shipping methods offered.