How to Prepare Your Motorcycle for Transport
One of the customers’ responsibilities in the process of shipping a motorcycle is to make sure it is prepared for its future travels. Preparing the bike keeps it safe from harm and prevents causing injury to those caring for its delivery. It doesn’t take long to fulfill the preparation requests of a transporter.
Complete the tasks days before its pickup is scheduled.
- Drain all the bike’s fluids except the fuel tank. The fuel tank may have ¼ or less of a tankful
- Wash the bike to clean off all dirt, grime and debris
- If requested due to container shipping methods or other reasons, remove the handlebars and other protruding parts from the motorcycle
- Disconnect the battery if necessary and turn off any alarm systems
- Photograph the bike so there’s proof of its condition before the transport takes place
- Have mechanics perform maintenance to the bike before it goes with the transporter
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory