Preparing Your Motorcycle for Transport
One of the customers’ responsibilities in the process of shipping a motorcycle is to make sure it is prepared for its future travels. Preparing the bike keeps it safe from harm and prevents causing injury to those caring for its delivery. It doesn’t take long to fulfill the preparation requests of a transporter.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Complete the tasks days before its pickup is scheduled.
- Drain all the bike’s fluids except the fuel tank. The fuel tank may have ¼ or less of a tankful
- Wash the bike to clean off all dirt, grime and debris
- If requested due to container shipping methods or other reasons, remove the handlebars and other protruding parts from the motorcycle
- Disconnect the battery if necessary and turn off any alarm systems
- Photograph the bike so there’s proof of its condition before the transport takes place
- Have mechanics perform maintenance to the bike before it goes with the transporter