How to Find the Best Collector Car Transport Services
As a car collector or someone who frequently deals with the buying, selling or trading of valuable or classic vehicles, professional transport services are exceptionally helpful. Matter of fact, they’re cost effective and can actually save you time, stress and money. Dealerships and manufacturers all over the world are frequent users of auto transport services. These services help them transport collector cars all over the world without jeopardizing their condition.
Whether you are shipping your collector car overseas or to another state, there are numerous auto transport companies to consider. Find one that offers the shipping services you need at a great rate. Make sure the company upholds a positive reputation by reading the reviews and testimonials left on the Internet by past customers. Look over the transporter’s website too for further information and accreditations. Gather the contact information of those you wish to receive a quote from.
Preparing the Collector Car for Its Transport
State to state shipping and overseas shipping usually share the same preparation requests. It is the method of transport that will determine the preparation requirements. Your collector car will need to be prepped as demanded by the transporter in order to assure its safe delivery. Preparing the vehicle will also ensure the safety of those handling the transport.
- Clean the vehicle inside and out. Make sure all dirt and debris is removed. If using open air shipping methods, the vehicle must be completely empty with the exception of floor mats, a spare tire and a car jack.
- Top off all fluids and the tire pressure. The only fluid that should read below the fill line is the fuel. The fuel tank should read ¼ full or less.
- Take pictures of the car and document any damages already existing on the vehicle. This will help with your final inspection after the vehicle has been delivered.
- Disable the alarm system if there is one. Some transport methods will also ask that the battery is disconnected.
- Gather the proper documentation and an extra set of keys.
The Crated Shipping Method Is Best for Collector Cars
The crated shipping method is chosen by many collector car owners who may need to have their vehicle relocated. This method of transport is best for long distance deliveries and vehicles of substantial value, but it can be purchased by anyone interested in the extra protection this shipping method provides.
While crated transports are similar to other enclosed transport methods, it is a little safer for the vehicle. This is why it is favored among vintage and classic car collectors. The vehicle may need more preparation, but it will be secured inside of a small shipping container which gives it little room for movement during its travels. It will also remain sheltered from poor weather conditions and other outside elements that may cause it harm.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory