Door to Door Motorcycle Transport
There are some shipping services that transporters offer to make the process of shipping more convenient for everyone. One of the services often sought after by motorcycle shipping customers is door to door delivery. To avoid bringing your bike to the closest terminal, someone from the transport company will arrive at your door to pick it up. Your car is then secured to the hauler. The hauler will take the vehicle to the exact location it is to be delivered. With door to door services, the customer can avoid arranging rides and dealing with the car’s retrieval from a terminal.
Door to door delivery will slightly increase the total of your shipping services, but it saves you the hassle of taking the bike to a drop off terminal. When you don’t use door to door shipping services, you’ll need to arrange for rides to and from the terminals to drop off and pick up the motorcycle.
Other Optional Shipping Services to Choose From
Motorcycle shipping companies typically offer a variety of transport services. Door to door shipping isn’t the only service that can simplify your bike’s delivery process. Although the following services are strictly optional, most of them offering advanced levels of convenience and security during your bike’s travels.
- Expedited shipping puts your motorcycle at the top of the transporter’s priority list. This assures that the bike is shipped out quicker.
- Guaranteed shipping ensures that the bike is delivered by a specified date.
- Satellite tracking is normally a free add-on to a customer’s purchase of shipping services. Real-time satellite tracking services can be accessed through any Wi-Fi enabled device. This allows the customer to see the constant progress of their motorcycle’s shipping process.
- Crated shipping is a little costlier than other services but it provides a lot more protection. The bike is prepared then secured to a wooden pallet. The wooden pallet is then slid inside of a small shipping crate. Once inside, the motorcycle is kept snug so that it doesn’t shift around during its travels.
- Enclosed shipping services provide a way for motorcycle transport customers to ship along other belongings with their bike. A large shipping container can fit a motorcycle as well as many other packages. The cost of this service will depend on the weight of all your belongings.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.