Safe And Reliable Addison Town Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Addison a small town in Alabama with a local population of only 749 people and many of those are blue collar workers who are employed in industries including construction, manufacturing and retail trade as well as healthcare, social services and education. More than 80% of all students enrolled in high school in Addison graduate and there are more than seven colleges and universities within 50 miles of the city. The crime rate for violent crimes is virtually non-existent and other crimes including theft and burglaries are well below the national average.
We Can Help With Addison Car Shipping
A-1 Auto Transport provides professional and affordable car shipping services to residents as well as guests visiting the town. We have 25+ years of experience in the car shipping business, making us the number one recommended carrier firm for shipping cars to or from Addison Town.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Nashville to Addison Town||$163||163 miles||1-2 days|
|Indianapolis to Addison Town||$451||451 miles||2-4 days|
|Addison Town to Miami||$657||877 miles||3-5 days|
|Sacramento to Addison Town||$1142||2285 miles||6-8 days|
|San Francisco to Addison Town||$1145||2291 miles||6-8 days|
|Addison Town to Seattle||$1250||2500 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Areas we cover within Addison Town
A-1 Auto Transport is licensed and registered by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to operate as a carrier firm. Our daily activities slightly differ from those of brokerage firms. Carrier firms own the resources to transport cars while brokerage firms simply act as middlemen that buy the car shipping order from you and sell it to firms like ours. Owning the resources allows us to interact directly with clients when we pick their vehicles up for shipping or when delivering them. Having served Addison for decades, we are well versed with the profile of the region.
We understand the road network serving every location, including the service roads leading to specific streets and addresses. You can get your car shipped to any address you wish within Addison.
Auto transport services we provide
- RV and motorhome shipping: Owing to the mobile home industry that is part and parcel of Addison, we are proud shippers of recreational vehicles and motorhomes. Our team of dedicated staff is well-trained in handling different types of RVs and motorhomes. Such vehicles are large, heavy and come with different functionalities. The profile of an RV dictates the specific measures taken to ensure its safety during transportation. A good example is closing down all pop-up features on the RV and disconnecting the gas supply from the kitchenette. We ship different types of RVs and Motorhomes including pop-up campers, fifth wheels, toy haulers as well as class A, B and C motorhomes.
- Heavy equipment shipping: Farmers around Addison get to enjoy professional hauling services for their agricultural equipment. Should you purchase a tractor, backhoe, harvester from the town, we are the firm to provide transportation from the shop straight to your farm. Contractors on the other hand get to enjoy professional shipping for their construction and engineering equipment such as bulldozers, excavators, hydraulic forklifts and engines. Read in detail about this service here.
Types of cars we ship
We have a well-structured service catalog, tailored to cater for clients with any type of vehicle. We transport different makes and models of vehicles including sedans, SUVs, vans, tucks, high-end vehicles, inoperable cars, salvaged vehicles and even heavy equipment. Take a look at the different car makes and models we have shipped before.
How to prepare your car for transport
- Remove all personal belongings from the car: DVD players, external speakers, GPS navigation systems and any other personal items in the glove compartment or the trunk should be removed in case of damage or loss. You may leave a spare tire and tire changing tools in the trunk.
- Clean the vehicle: It is easy to spot any dents or scratches on a clean car.
- Drain the gas tank up to about a quarter full: This is a precaution taken to minimize the rare possibility of a car catching fire during transportation. A quarter-full gas tank also means less weight, a factor that determines the price charged for shipping any vehicle.
- Perform a car maintenance check: Check for any fluid leaks, the tire pressure, the car’s mileage and the battery status. This is to ensure you receive the car in the same condition you handed it in.
- Keep a spare key: You do not want to give the driver the only set of car keys you have. Locate your spare key and have another made in case you don’t have one.
- Turn off the car alarm: There’s nothing as annoying as a car with its alarm on for the entire journey. Besides, if the alarm goes off for long, it might drain the battery.
Insurance for Transport
Federal regulations require that all carriers who transport motor vehicles must carry valid insurance coverage for all cargo and vehicles they carry. We always provide insurance coverage for every car, truck and other vehicles we transport.
How We Calculate the Cost of Car Shipping
Car shipping is pretty straightforward when it comes to pricing the shipment. It is based on the overall dimensions of the vehicle, the weight of the vehicle, the distance to pick the car up and the distance between pickup and delivery, the mode of transport (open or enclosed) and the cost of fuel at the time the vehicle must be transported.
How Cars are Transported to Addison
When you need to have your car transported to Addison, you will find that you have a few options that will deliver your car where you need it.
- Auto Carrier Truck An open form of transport where all sorts of vehicles are loaded by driving onto the trailer where they can be moved, along with several other cars, to and from Addison. Auto carriers are open to the wind, rain and other weather as well as debris and animals that can come into contact with a vehicle. If you drive your car, the exposure is no more or less than what you would expect during a long drive.
- Enclosed/Container- Enclosed transport or transport inside a sealed trailer or container is considered the safest mode of transport for cars, trucks and other cargo. It can have a heftier price than open forms of transport, but it is generally the preferred way to ship luxury cars, antiques and collectibles, race cars and other expensive vehicles.
- Trains- Trains have long been a great way to move cargo including motor vehicles across the country. The fee to use train transport can be a little heftier than with an auto carrier truck, and while it can be quick depending on the route taken, you can also expect delays when trains must sit for long hours, or even days to wait for other cargo to be loaded or unloaded. Unless you live near the railway where the vehicle will load or unload, you will also need to book interstate transport with either an auto carrier truck (open) or an enclosed trailer for transport.
- Planes- Planes are another option to ship a car anywhere in the world that has an airport available. Air shipping offers fast shipment times and is usually reserved for extremely valuable motor vehicles. The cost to ship by air is considerably higher than other modes of transport, so be sure to check pricing and availability with your agent if this is your preferred way to ship.
Expedited and Standard Auto Transport
In a hurry and need your car to arrive in Addison fast? We offer expedited shipping to make sure your delivery is made as fast as possible. With expedited shipment as a transport option, you can have guaranteed delivery shipping dates, which means you can have an easier time planning your move or vacation itinerary, so you know when you’re going to have your vehicle. Depending on where the vehicle is shipping to or from, we can often provide an exact date for delivery but there are times that we will offer a 1-3-day time frame to expect the driver to arrive.
This is because when shipping long distance, situations can arise that can delay the driver, and these can include other customers arriving late for drop-off or delivery, traffic delays, accidents, snowy or rainy weather, drivers having to change routes due to traffic blocks and other situations. Our drivers work hard to deliver right on time and will alert you if anything changes with delivery.
Standard shipping is usually less expensive than expedited delivery, but you may need to wait a little longer for the vehicle to be picked up or dropped off.
Why choose A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is the most qualified carrier firm for shipping cars to from Addison Town. With two and half decades of experience under our belt, we own reliable resources to transport any vehicle.
Find out more!
Visit A-1 Auto Transport’s service page to access all services you can enjoy when shipping cars to or from Addison Town.
Addison, Alabama resource links:
Addison Town Hall- For information on public utilities, law enforcement and other important information about Addison, be sure to visit the local website at:
Driver’s License-Testing Office- Residents of Addison must go to Cullman County to obtain a driver’s license and to register their motor vehicle. The address of the testing office is:
500 2nd Avenue SW #3Cullman, Alabama 35055
Phone for driver’s license: (256) 775-4822
Phone for tags/registration: (256) 775-4902
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.