Hire an overseas transport service from the states to get your car delivered and lawfully allowed to enter the country of Samoa. Professionals are capable of shipping all types of vehicles overseas.
Their experience with foreign import policies is extremely helpful as you prepare for the car’s transport and they’ll continue to guide you throughout the process the entire time.
You want to make sure that you hire a transporter with the right qualifications. Before hastily hiring just anyone to entrust your car with, search online for the most reputable overseas shipping companies near your home in America. Call a few of them for more information and a free quote. Make sure you ask about their shipping services and insurance coverage. A book who you ship you car to Samoa with after you carefully consider your options.
Prep Work for the Shipping Customer.
- Contact the Embassy of Samoa to find out what import laws and tax rates exist since they can change at any time.
- Take care of inspections and pay all duties and taxes associated with the import. Make sure you keep proof of payment.
- Collect all relevant documentation- license, passport, original sale invoice, etc.
- Clean the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Don’t leave anything in the car unless you are packing it up for container shipping purposes.
- Inspect the car for damages. Write down anything you already know about the car’s condition and take pictures. You can use these notes after the shipping process to inspect the vehicle once again.
- Fill up the fluids in the car. Leave the fuel alone and make sure it’s less than ¼ of a tank full.
- Put air in the tires if needed.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.