The process of shipping a car to Lima, Peru is obviously much easier with professionals carrying out the transport. This gives you time to focus on other matters in regard to your move while the transport company makes sure that your car and any other possessions are safely imported.
The reasonable prices and security provided by shipping services are better than any alternative options.
Prior to shipping your car off with a transporter, call the Embassy of Peru. They will give you all the information you need to successfully have your car transported to the country without issues. They will tell you of their auto import restrictions and current tax rates. Present proof of compliance and all necessary documents to the Customs office.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Peru’s Auto Import Policies.
- If the car has over 49,710 miles, it will not be given permission into the country.
- The car must be under 5 years old.
- Taxes, duties, and fees for all motor vehicles being imported must be paid. New vehicles- 9% on top of declared value, 19% Sales Peruvian Taxes, 10% of CIF value. Used vehicles- 9% ad valorem, 19% Sales Taxes, 10% of CIF value, and an additional 30% may be added for used cars.
- Perception tax of 5% for new and used cars.
- $29 USD Customs Tax for new and used vehicles.
- Proof of Technical inspection.
- Know the make, model, year, mileage, engine capacity, and motor number.
Get the Car Ready.
- Clean the inside and outside of the car.
- Remove any items that weren’t manufactured with the vehicle.
- Take pictures of the car. Write down any marks or damages already existing on the vehicle.
- Top the car’s fluids off. The only exception is the gas which should be less than ¼ full.
- Fill all tires with air.