The rates for shipping services cannot be determined until the customer interested in auto transport provides the car’s specs as well as other relevant details.
It is recommended that anyone searching the Internet for reliable shipping services gathers the phone numbers of at least a few potential transporters. After you’ve narrowed down your choices and created a short list of contact info, call the transporters you’re interested in receiving quotes from.
To find out how much you’ll have to pay to ship your car to Puerto Rico, you’ll need to know the vehicle’s make, model, and engine size. You’ll also have to choose shipping services. Otherwise, you’ll receive a quote for the cheapest shipping method, RO/RO transport. This is a secure shipping service that remains popular among many individuals, auto manufacturers, and dealerships. It does leave the car open to outside elements during its delivery process which isn’t suggested for luxury cars or any high profile vehicles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Common Shipping Services Listed and Explained.
- RO/RO Shipping – the least costly method of transport. This is an open air service best for shorter shipping distances and the delivery of multiple vehicles. If you ship your car with this method, make sure it is free of all clutter. Only leave the floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire inside.
- Container Shipping – this service offers more security than any other services. Your vehicle is protected from the outside behind the four walls of the shipping container. You can also ship other goods using this service. You can pack up the car and the space left inside the container. Pay taxes on all items being imported into Puerto Rico and get approval from Customs before container shipping can begin.
- Door to Door Delivery – if you’re looking for the most convenient shipping service to ease some of your responsibility during the transport, get door to door delivery. The transport company will send someone to retrieve the car from where it is stored in the states and deliver it safely to its new home in Puerto Rico.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory