My Options When Boat Shipping from the USA to Canada
Anyone interested in transporting a water vessel from the U.S.A. to Canada should consider buying services from a company specializing in boat transport.
You can easily find the companies best suited for the task by searching online. Try to find a transporter close to home.
For a boat transport to Canada, you’ll have a variety of shipping options. It’s a good idea to research your options a little before making any definite decisions. The transport company’s staff will explain any services you don’t understand. They’ll explain the difference in rates and even customize your boat’s transport to better suit your needs.
Services Offered for Boat Transports
- Roll On /Roll Off - The boat is secured to a trailer and wheeled onto the transport carrier of choice where it is secured for its travels to Canada. After reaching its destination, the boat is wheeled off the carrier still attached to the trailer.
- Overland Transport - Your boat is transported by a truck. This is a very popular service among boat transport customers. It is also inexpensive.
- Door to Door Delivery - The transport company will send their professionals to the exact address of the boat’s storage location for its pickup, even if transshipment is necessary. They will then drop the boat off at its delivery address.
- Containerized Transport - This is the safest form of boat transport. The boat cannot exceed 8ft wide or 8ft tall unless otherwise stated by the shipping company. Your boat will have shelter from the potential dangers presented by the outdoors.
- Full Service Relocation - Aside from the ability to ship all types of watercraft, the transporter will deliver other goods to accommodate those moving from the U.S. to Canada permanently.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.