It’s no surprise that you came across the need to ship a car to Germany. As a member of the military, relocation is something that you’re familiar with.
You may already understand that it is easier to have your own car shipped than it is to use public transportation in unfamiliar lands. Purchasing a vehicle in foreign countries is also extremely difficult.
There are no restrictions for importing a car into Germany. Therefore, shipping a military car into the country should be rather easy. As long as you have all of the right documents and all duties are paid for, Customs will give the vehicle their approval for import. To be certain that you gathered the right documents, call the Embassy of Germany for information on the import policy currently in place. The transport company also provides assistance in the preparation process. Their staff members are not only familiar with transporting military cars, but they are familiar with the import policies of other countries.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How to Lower the Price of Shipping a Car to Germany.
To escape the duty and tax you are required to provide the following information:
- that you have actually given up your residence in the US.
- that you are establishing a new residence in Germany.
- that you have been residing outside Germany for at least 12 consecutive months (this can be waived if the reasons for your earlier return are beyond your control)
You may also want to ask the transport company if they offer discounts to military personnel. Most international transporters will have lower rates for individuals in the military. They also have experience in dealing with military bases.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory