Finding professional transport services to ship your car from Chicago to Los Angeles is simple if you know about auto shipping. The more knowledge you have, the better off you will be when it comes time for you to make a decision on whom to hire for the state to state transport. Use online resources to conduct your research and find cheap transporters in Chicago.
There are several ways in which a person can have their car shipped to Chicago. Many Chicago transport companies will offer a variety of different transport methods for you to select from. While some of these methods are seemingly safer than others, it is up to you to find a method of shipping you can trust at a price you can afford.
Shipping Services for Automobiles.
- Open Air Shipping - this method consists of putting the automobile on top of a car hauler. While this is a cheaper method of shipping, it does leave the car open to all weather and road conditions during its transport.
- Enclosed Shipping - this method of transport is safer. The car is placed within an enclosed container.
- Container Shipping - this is the safest form of transport and it consists of the car being safeguarded inside a large cargo container. Other items can also ship with the vehicle inside the container.
- Terminal to Terminal - the automobile will need to be dropped off at a transport terminal in Chicago and retrieved at another one in LA. This is cheaper than door to door but can become inconvenient if the terminal is not near you.
- Door to Door - the car is retrieved directly from wherever it is at and dropped off to the specific LA address listed.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org