How to Ship RV to Germany?
When an RV must be transported to another country, there are many details that will matter before the appropriate shipping method can be determined. The large size and shape of the RV makes it a little more difficult to ship overseas. Nevertheless, there are many great, affordable international auto transport companies with the experience and equipment to safely carry out an RV’s transport to another country.
If you need to ship your RV to Germany, make sure you call the embassy to get the latest import regulations and tax rates. The transport company should also have this information but it’s always reassuring to call the embassy too. Once you know what you need for the Customs Department to get your certification of import approval, start collecting the proof you need.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, RV Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Protect Your RV during Its International Transport
Getting your RV prepared to go is the best thing you can do before its transport. An ill prepared RV will likely suffer from damage and it will be at no fault of the transport company in this case. Make sure you prep your RV accordingly if you wish to keep it safe from harm as well as those caring for its transport.
- Lock and fasten all doors, windows, cupboards, drawers, and latches shut. All artwork and wall hangings should be removed from the walls.
- Clean out the RV of any personal or valuable possessions.
- Top off all fluids except the fuel. Leave the gas tank at ¼ full or less.
- Disconnect the battery and all electrical and gas powered appliances.
- Fill the tires with air and make sure there aren’t any fluids leaking. You may even want to take the RV in to a mechanic for routine maintenance before the transport.
- Make sure all lights are operational and that the hitch and tow bar are properly secured and attached.
- Photograph the inside and outside of the RV. This is proof of the vehicle’s condition before the transport. This may come in handy if an insurance claim must be filed.
Follow the steps above and you can guarantee the safe delivery of your RV into Germany.