How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From The Bahamas
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping motorcycle from Miami makes it affordable, as the Bahamas are comparatively closer
- The average cost to ship from U.S to Bahamas is around $700 to $1200 depending on whether the motorcycle is crated and insured
Located within the Lucayan Archipelago, Bahamas has over 700 islands, islets, and cays making up the archipelagic state. These islands are located in the Atlantic Ocean, and are geographically, north of Cuba, and east of the Florida Keys. It is best explored on your own motorcycle so whether you intent visiting for a few weeks or want to stay for a couple of months, import your bike here.
However, there are rules and regulations for transporting your motorcycle into the Bahamas. That is one of the reasons that you need to work with our international shipping service. We have shipped varied vehicles including motorcycles and ATVs to Bahamas over the years. Right from packing it to shipping and getting the Customs clearances, we are pros at it. Call us today for a free quote.
Regulations for Importing Motorcycles
First, you must make sure that you have purchased insurance for your motorcycle prior to your import date. Once your motorcycle has arrived in Bahamas, you will need to have it towed to the Road and Traffic Department so it can be licensed and inspected before it is deemed legal to drive around. You will also need to pay all custom duty fees and any other import fees before your motorcycle can be legal to drive. Additionally, you will need to fill out the following forms:
- C-14 form for Nassau
- C-13 form for Freeport
- C-43 form for Declaration of Value
- Shipment documents
- Freight shipment Invoice submission to Bahamian Customs Department
- For permanent import, pay an additional 7.5% tax on motorcycles and other vehicles
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Bahamas Customs Department will determine how much you will pay for importing your motorcycle based on a few different factors, such as:
- How will your motorcycle be used
- The size of the engine in your motorcycle
- The age of your motorcycle
The duty is normally set at 35% or more. You will be charged a 65% duty that has been decreased from 85% import duty that was applicable in the past. You can import duty-free as long as you are a taxicab owner and your motorcycle is new. Motorcycles are not allowed if they are more than ten years old. To determine the amount of customs duty tax, you will need to know the value of your motorcycle. For example, a motorcycle costing less or about $10,000 will be charged 65% duty. A motorcycle costing $10,001 – $40,000 will pay 75%. Any vehicle costing over $40,000 will pay an 85% duty. There will also be a 1% processing fee charged as well as an environmental levy fee, any storage fees, and freight and insurance. The VAT is 7.5% which is not included in these fees and will need to be paid separately. You are also required to pay an additional 7% stamp tax as well. We are A-1 Auto Transport service and with years of experience behind us, we understand that handlebars, skis and exhaust pipes need to be carefully packed so that there is no damage to the vehicle.
Shipping It Safe
There are two common shipping options when it comes to shipping your motorcycle from the United States to the Bahamas. You can choose your method based on your needs and your budget. Although air shipping is the third option, it is very expensive and not a common method to ship vehicles.
RO/RO, also known as Roll On/ Roll Off, it is the more affordable way to import your motorcycle. You will not be allowed to ship any personal belongings with your bike as only your bike would be allowed on the carrier. With this method of shipping, your motorcycle will be on an open deck exposed to all elements of the sea, along with other vehicles. However, it will be harnessed in place and the tires are immobilized so that there is no movement.
Container shipping is more expensive but your motorcycle would be placed inside that would protect it from being exposed. If you hire the complete container then you are allowed to ship all your other personal items at the same time. If you are just shipping your motorcycle, usually there are 6 motorcycles and dirt bikes in 20 feet container. To get more details about shipping, call us or get the latest updates on the import laws by contacting the Embassy of the Bahamas.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?