How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Belgium
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Motorcycle shipping to Belgium from United States, costs about $1,100 to $1,600, but taxes and additional costs are extra.
- Roll-on/Roll-Off and container shipping are the preferred methods of transporting motorcycles and vehicles to Belgium
Situated in Western Europe, the country of Belgium is bordered by Germany, Netherlands, France and North Sea. The country is known as the headquarters of the NATO and European Union and is known for Renaissance architecture and medieval towns. With maritime temperature, all through the year, it is easier to ship during the summers than the winters. With scenic routes and well-maintained roads, a motorcycle trip would be an enjoyable experience, if you are planning that or even driving through the city would be enjoyable.
Irrespective of whether you have a Ducati, Harley Davidson or even a Triumph, shipping to Belgium is comparatively easier. However, it becomes important to take the assistance of an international shipping service, like our company, A-1 Auto Transport service. We have years of experience shipping cars, SUVs, ATV, and motorcycles globally. Irrespective of whether you have standard motorcycle or super luxury car, we’ll ensure that it reaches the new destination safely. Our network of shipping agents in US and Belgium will ensure that the legal formalities are completed quickly and efficiently so that there are no delays. Additionally, we provide door to door service or door to terminal service to assist you with shipping convenience.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for Shipping Motorcycle
It is important that the motorcycle meets the EU specifications and safety regulations as per the Belgium regulations. You may be eligible for a duty-free entry if you have owned and possessed the motorcycle for at least 6 months before importing it to Belgium. Additionally, you need to ensure that the VAT and sales tax have been paid in USA. You are required to submit some documents for the verification of the ownership and authenticity of the motorcycle. These include:
- Title deed with details on year, chassis, license plate, make and engine capacity
- Purchase invoice (original and copies)
- Current European Green Liability Card
- S issued license plates
- Receipt of sales tax payment
- Minimum 6 months U.S insurance
- Belgian insurance proof
- Copy of owner’s passport
- Show proof of staying in USA for at least 1 year
Shipping Options for Motorcycles
Depending upon whether you need the motorcycle shipped quickly or the cost is a major consideration; there are varied methods to ship to Belgium from USA. If you are willing to pay more and get the motorcycle shipped here faster, air shipping works best. Your motorcycle will be crated for minimizing movement and damage during transit. Additionally, it is best to consult one of our shipping agents so that you can decide between RORO and container shipping. The cheapest yet secure method of shipping to Belgium is consolidated container shipping as your motorcycle is crated and put with other motorcycle for shipment. The 20 feet or 40 feet container is then sealed before it is hauled over the ship’s deck.
The Port of Antwerp gets the motorcycle shipment and our shipping agents will be there to assist you with the necessary documentation. If you intend staying in Belgium for over 6 months or permanently, there are import duties amounting to 6% to 21% apart from VAT. We have a select team of shipping agents that are experienced and will make sure that the motorcycle is handled by professionals till it is delivered to you. Call us today to know more about the service and assistance we can provide.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?