How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Antigua and Barbuda
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Considering the geographical proximity of the Antigua and Barbuda from USA, motorcycle shipment costs around $1400- $1700.
- However, there is additional Environment protection tax apart from standard import duties.
Located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Antigua and Barbuda is twin islands and is an independent Commonwealth country. Apart from the two namesake islands, there are other smaller islands that constitute the island nation. Known for rainforests, reefs and sandy beaches, they are a hotspot for tourists all through the year.
If you are looking to spend some weeks here, having your own motorcycle can be extremely comfortable. It isn’t very expensive to import your ride from USA but to navigate through the international shipping procedures and clearing Antigua and Barbuda Customs requirements, it is important to work with our company, A-1 Auto Transport. We can help you ship your motorcycle to Antigua and Barbuda, considering that we have been shipping vehicles and motorcycles to various Caribbean island nations for over 20 years. Thus, irrespective of whether you own a Kawasaki, BMW or Honda or Ducati, from packing the motorcycle in wooden pallet crates to getting through customs, we’ll guide you every step of this process to ensure that there are no delays. Our services are trusted by Antigua Customs Department as we are licensed importers and shipping service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation for Shipping Motorcycle
The environment laws in Antigua and Barbuda are extremely stringent and that is why no motorcycle over the age of 5 years is allowed within the country. Additionally, there are some vital documents that need to be submitted before the motorcycle is cleared for import. These include:
- Motorcycle purchase invoice
- Ministry of Trade Import license
- Environmental Levy Form
- Bill of Lading
- Original registration documents of the motorcycle
Motorcycle Clearance for the Customs Department
As your shipping agents, we will fill out the Customs Declaration Form based on the Bill of lading and the invoice. The motorcycle will be evaluated to validate the cost and condition of the vehicle. The next step is to collect the Environmental Levy Form. If you are looking for a waiver and are eligible, we will get it done from the Minister of Agriculture. Now the documents and the forms will be submitted to the Customs and Antigua Port Authority. The vehicle will be released after the payment of taxes and dues have been verified. If you are unable to be there to collect it, one of our shipping agents will be present and collect it on your behalf. However, we’ll need the Power of Attorney to do that.
To get an estimate on the total cost of shipping your motorcycle from USA to Antigua and Barbuda, you need to consider the 15% VAT and nearly 50% excise taxes based on the CIF. Additionally, there is the Environment tax for protection of the eco-system which is about $600 that has to be paid. Additional taxes and duties are evaluated by the Customs Procedure Code and the Tariff Code.
Opt for the Right Shipping Method
Usually your budget and type of motorcycle that you are shipping, dictates the shipping method that you select. If it is a super-bike or high value motorcycle, crated shipping in a container is the advised option. However, if it is standard motorcycle and you have budget constraints, then RORO is a most cost effective option. Talk with us today and we’d help you walk through the whole process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?