Ship Your Car To Or From Sendai, Japan
As one of the 20 designated cities in Japan, Sendai is the largest city in Tōhoku region and the capital city of the Miyagi Prefecture. The economy relies heavily on retail, food and hotel industry, creating plenty of employment for locals and expatriates alike. If you are planning to move to Sendai from USA, you might want to consider transporting your own vehicle to Japan for commuting within and around the city. Though the public transportation options are efficient and well-designed, it is beneficial to have your own vehicle when you stay in Sendai.
Vehicle Import to Sendai in Japan
Importing a vehicle is not always the easiest thing to do and it can be fueled by complex procedures. Additionally, if you are not fluent in Japanese, you may find that language barriers can make this process difficult. That is one of the reasons that you need to work with an experienced international auto shippers that have previously shipped vehicles to Japan. And that is where we step in.
At A-1 Auto Transport services, we have two decades of experience in shipping vehicles all over the world, including Japan. Since there are limitations on the vehicles that can be imported into Sendai, you will need to consult with our shipping agent to determine if your vehicle can even be shipped. There might be a requirement to get some modifications done based on the evaluation prior to shipping it to Japan. We provide hassle free transportation and complete support through Japanese Customs and at the ports. Our local Japanese shipping agents will be there to assist you through the different procedures.
Shipping Your Vehicle
To get an estimate on the total cost of shipping your vehicle, you can expect to pay between $2300 and $5400 for import charges from the United States to Japan. Our shipping agent can help you whether you plan to stay for a short period of time to a year or more. If you plan on staying in Sendai for more than 12 months, you will need to permanently import the vehicle. However, if it is for less than 1 year, the process of import will be covered under temporary import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you plan to import your vehicle on a temporary basis, you will need to obtain the identification document that is authorized by the Customs. Your shipping agent will help you to fill out the Carnet de Passage en Douane (CPD) form and you will need this with you at all times. You will also need to send in your list of people who will be driving your vehicle while in the country to the Japan Automobile Federation (JAF).
If you plan to make your import permanent, you will need to submit even more paperwork which includes:
- The commercial invoice
- Proof of insurance
- Import Declaration form
- Bill of Lading
Apart from the standard taxes, you are required to pay the Auto acquisition tax. It is important to know that all taxes and duties will be required prior to the completion of your shipment. You will need to get the emission tested by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism before they clear your vehicle for official registration in Japan.
Freight Shipping Vehicles
Your choice of shipping will depend on your budget and requirements. You have two methods to choose from:
- #1: Roll On/ Roll Off shipping: This method involves your vehicle being rolled onto the open deck of a ship for transport and then rolled off the ship once it reaches the new port. You will need to prepare your vehicle for transport prior to leaving the United States. Your shipping agent can help you with these pre-requisites. You will only be allowed to leave a spare tire, a floor jack, and the floor mats in the vehicle during transport.
- #2: Container Shipping: This method of shipping involves our vehicle being placed inside of a 20 foot or 40 foot container where it will be sealed up before it is lifted onto the deck of a ship for transport. This is the best choice if you have an expensive vehicle or personal items that need to be shipped to Sendai.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory