Orange Walk is the fourth largest town in all of Belize and is the capital of the Orange Walk District. It is located on the left bank of the New River, just fifty-three miles north of Belize City and thirty miles south of Corozal Town.
If you are traveling to Belize for a short period of time, retiring, or coming over to work, you will want to bring your personal vehicle with you because public transportation is not always reliable. You can ship your vehicle to San Ignacio but before you get started, you may want to hire a reliable transportation service, A1 Auto Transport to assist you in transporting your vehicle from United States to Belize. With over twenty years of service, we know what it takes to ship.
A1 Auto Transport offers several additional services that can help you; picking your vehicle up at your home or office and driving it to the port for export in the United States. They can also help you choose the right method of shipping based on your needs, time, and budget.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import considerations for Belize.
You will need to follow the process when shipping your vehicle which also includes a lot of paperwork that must be filed on time and at the right place. Everything will need to be verified through the Belize Customs and Excise Authority before your vehicle can be officially yours to drive in Orange Walk. You will need to provide documentation along with your driver’s license and passport which include:
- The original purchase invoice of your vehicle – this invoice should include the Vehicle Identification Number, the chassis number, the make, model, and year of the vehicle as well.
- Title to your vehicle that is cleared of any liens – or if there is a lien, you will need to provide authorization from the lender who has the lien documenting permission to import your vehicle.
- License plate.
- Proof of insurance.
- Emissions Certificate.
It takes approximately fourteen days to receive your vehicle in San Ignacia, as long as there are no delays due to weather. It’s important to note that delays are common during certain times of the year due to weather. Once the vehicle has passed customs, you will need to pay all duties before the vehicle can be handed over to you.
Shipping your Vehicle requires that you choose what method of shipping you prefer. You will have two choices; Roll On/ Roll Off method and container method of shipping.
Roll On/ Roll Off, or RORO – Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship using a set of ramps. It will then be parked on the deck in a bay. Since your vehicle is exposed, it is required that nothing be left inside and your vehicle is completely cleaned before you hand it over. If not, your vehicle will be quarantined while it is being cleaned and allowed to board the ship.
Container shipping – With this method of shipping, you will choose between a 20-foot container and a 40-foot container. Your vehicle will be placed inside along with any personal items you wish to take with you. Once loaded, the container will be sealed and loaded onto the ship for transport. This is the safest way to transport your vehicle however it is also the most expensive.
If you have any questions regarding the laws and custom regulations for importing, you will need to contact the Embassy of Belize for further details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?