Ship Your Car To Or From Mechelen, Belgium
The panoramic city of Mechelen is located in the province of Flanders, in Belgium. It is comprised of Mechelen Proper, the villages of Walem, Leest, Heffen, Muizen, and Hombeek. It lies on the urban side of the industrial functions of Brussels and Mechelen which also offers abundant employment opportunities.
Learn more about shipping to Belgium.
If you are traveling to Mechelen to work or to stay for a longer duration, you may want to bring your vehicle with you. To transport your vehicle from the United States to Belgium, it will cost you an estimated $1,300 to $3,200. This estimate is based on the standard sized vehicle with standard requirements. Most vehicles importing to Belgium arrive either on the ships open deck or in a closed container.
Importing Car from USA
When it comes to shipping a car from the United States, you may experience a lengthier transport time. This additional time may detour some from even going through this process. If you plan to go through with your importing process, you need to note the following before starting the paperwork. If you are importing a vehicle for a reason not related to work, or if your vehicle is part of your household items, then you will not be charged any customs duties or VAT. In order to qualify for exemption from taxes and duties as per the Belgium Customs Administration, you need to ensure that the following apply:
- You have lived outside of the European Union for twelve months or longer prior to importing
- The vehicle you are importing was purchased outside of the European Union and has been on the road for a period of at least six months before importing to Belgium
- You are the owner of the vehicle and have paid the VAT or any other charges before the vehicle can be imported into Belgium
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As long as all of these conditions are met, you shouldn’t have to pay anything once your vehicle is shipped. In addition, there are some provisions that will help you to be exempt from additional import duties and VAT as long as you can ship the vehicle with your household items if you are relocating.
You can only claim this if your vehicle is manufactured in the United States and you have owned it for a period of at least six months prior to import. It is essential that you have been living in the United States or another country other than Belgium for a period of one year or more prior to import, you have paid all tax and VAT prior to import, you don’t have any intentions of selling the vehicle once you arrive in Belgium for at least twelve months after the vehicle arrives.
Working with a professional company like A1 Auto Transport Service, you will not have to worry about understanding the terms and conditions because this company has been in business for so long and they understand what is expected. Before you call A1 Auto Transport Services, you will need to ensure that you have all the proper documentation necessary. This includes:
- A tax exempt letter
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- Title that is lien free
- VAT and tax receipts
- Proof of residency in the United States
- Valid proof of insurance
- Bill of Lading
- Proof of ownership
When you prepare or shipping, you will need to determine what shipping method you plan to use. You can choose Roll On/ Roll Off, also known as RORO or you can choose container shipping. The Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle to Mechelen. With this shipping method, you cannot leave any personal items inside the vehicle with the exception of the floor mats, a spare tire, and keys.
If you choose a closed container, this method of shipping protects your vehicle from any debris or damage while in route. You can choose a 20 or 40 foot container that is only opened under your supervision.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?