London is a city in Southwestern Ontario, Canada and has a great medical community including many hospitals, medical research organizations and medical schools. It’s also a haven for tourists due to music festivals, art museums and lively entertainment held throughout the year. Many people find themselves relocating to London for work in the universities, hospitals, medical research firms and insurance agencies each year. Technology and manufacturing jobs also bring people to city for employment, and others move for school or personal reasons. Many residents of London find work outside of the city with automobile manufacturers like Toyota in Woodstock or Ford in Talbotville but find that living in London is more economical as well as having more things to do in the city. If you are moving, or have already moved, to London, Ontario, you may need to have your personal car shipped from the United States to the city so you can get around easily and avoid having to pay large fees for rental cars or public transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Professional Transport with A-1 Auto Transport.
Many companies will make promises to provide good service and bottom of the line pricing, but when you want a company that will stand behind their word and really provide quality service, competitively affordable pricing and reliability then A-1 Auto Transport is the company for you. With more than 20 years shipping cars within the United States and internationally, the professional representatives with A-1 Auto Transport will quickly and efficiently have your car scheduled for convenient door to door pick-up and delivery. If you need to ship terminal to terminal instead, that can be taken care of as well. For shipping they will need to have a copy of your driver’s license and social security card as well as a signed power of attorney to give legal permission to transport the car. You will also sign a shipping contract that will include the type of car you own, the shipping insurance offered, the type of transport and the total shipping quote to relocate your car to London, Ontario, Canada. The company will help you take care of all necessary paperwork for customs in the U.S. as well as Canada. For shipping to Canada from the United States you can ship by roadway, railway, sea or air.
How to Ship to London, Ontario.
When making the plans to ship your car to London you will need to decide how to ship the car. You can ship by interstate, railway, sea or air. Since London is surrounded by land, you will need to make plans to either pick the car up at the sea port or have it delivered by land. You can ship the following ways:
- RORO– Convenient roll-on roll-off transport where cars are driven on and off the carrier for transport. RORO is a type of open transport and many automobiles can be hauled at one time.
- Enclosed– Shipping on an enclosed carrier or inside of a shipping container will provide durable protection during shipment. Enclosed shipping is excellent for shipping classic and luxury cars and is also a choice for those that need to ship personal items with the car.
- Air– Shipping by air is generally reserved for extremely expensive automobiles and personal items.
Your representative will explain the available transport and will assist you in making all shipping plans. If you will need to have the car delivered right to your door, your representative will schedule delivery services for you.
When you ship a car to London, Ontario you may be able to have the car driven just as you would if shipping across the United States. You will however need to abide by the import rules set by Canadian Customs for bringing a car across the U.S./Canadian border. At least 3 days prior to the vehicle crossing the border, you will need to make sure the border crossing has a copy of your motor vehicle title. Your shipping representative will assist with this. You will also need to pay all shipping costs including import duties and taxes if applicable. You can import a car either on a permanent basis or a temporary basis for up to 3 years. In order to import on a temporary basis without having to pay import duties you will need to show proof that you are a student or you can have your employer write an employment statement. The statement and the educational paperwork will be documented once per year for up to the 3 year time period. You will also need to provide some paperwork to customs officials including your motor vehicle title and your driver’s license. You may also be required to pay import duties, excise taxes or a goods and service tax when you ship the car. To drive the car in London you will need to apply for a territorial license plate and pay taxes on that as well.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?