Shipping Your Car to Kuwait from the United States
Shipping A Car To Kuwait.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The normal range of shipping costs to Kuwait is from $3,100 to $6,500 from the U.S.
- There are limits on who can import a vehicle into the country, as well as what type of vehicles, so make sure you’re familiar with the regulations beforehand.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Kuwait
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Shuwaikh||$275||$2,500||5+35|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Shuwaikh||$450||$2,800||5+45|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Shuwaikh||$475||$2,800||6+45|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Shuwaikh||$475||$2,800||6+45|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Shuwaikh||$550||$2,500||5+35|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to Shuwaikh||$700||$2,500||6+35|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Shuwaikh||$775||$2,800||7+45|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Shuwaikh||$925||$2,500||7+35|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Shuwaikh||$1,025||$2,800||7+45|
|Dallas, TX to (New York port) to Shuwaikh||$1,025||$2,500||7+35|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Though there are very strict protocols, shipping your car to Kuwait from the United States is possible. Doing so requires a great deal of due diligence in examining every single requirement and making sure that each one is satisfied adequately. There's very little leeway at Kuwaiti customs.
Fortunately, A-1 Auto is aware of every single requirement and will help you to determine if you're eligible to ship your vehicle. Given that it's a complex process with all of their rules and regulations, you do not want to have to pay extra fees or spend an exorbitant amount of time due to delays.
Situated at the top of the Persian Gulf, Kuwait shares a border with both Saudi Arabia and Iraq and has a population of around 4 million. Though it has been a country that has relied heavily on oil exports, it has branched out into other industries in recent years.
Now it maintains its status as one of the wealthiest Arab nations and is ruled by a constitutional monarchy. It has fair tariff rates, with its average being 4.1%, but one of the issues with shipping your vehicle from the United States to Kuwait is that there is still a high level of corruption on occasion. However, it does have a copious amount of open-market policies that promote free trade.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Compared to many other countries, Kuwait has put in place strict restrictions on who can import vehicles from overseas. Arabic is the official language of the country, though English is spoken by many of its citizens. Government officials and business professionals are expected to speak it, and it's mandatory for citizens to learn it in school.
Before examining the document requirements for shipping a vehicle to Kuwait from the United States, you must first see if you even qualify. The following are the conditions that must be met, with no exceptions:
- Non-Kuwaiti citizens must be sponsored by an employer in Kuwait, and it has to subsequently be shipped through that employer's name.
- Kuwaiti nationals can ship a vehicle without having to obtain an employee sponsor.
In other words, if you're not a Kuwaiti national, you will not be able to ship your vehicle unless you have an employer there than can sponsor it.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Kuwait
- Valid Driver's License.
- Copy of Passport.
- Purchase Invoice / Bill of Sale (Price, Date, and Location of Original Purchase)
- Certificate of Registration.
- Bill of Lading.
- Power of Attorney.
- Original Title of Automobile.
- Proof of ownership.
- Import certificate.
- Certificate of origin.
*There's a 5% duty fee that's owed at customs. This 5% fee is taken from the value of the automobile, the cost of shipping, and the marine insurance fee. A-1 Auto will help to limit as many of the fees as possible.
The best way to ship your vehicle to Kuwait is through ocean freight. Other options would be to time consuming and expensive to seriously consider. The two methods that A-1 Auto offers are:
- Roll-On and Roll-Off Service: This method is best for those who are only shipping a vehicle and aren't also shipping personal items as well. It's the cheaper out of the two methods and involves placing your vehicle on a secure car deck.
- Container Service: Choosing the container service does mean that you'll have to pay more, but you'll also get a bit more security and a faster arrival time. Your car will be placed in a special individual container that can also host other personal items, though they cannot be placed inside of the vehicle.
It can take between a week to two weeks for everything to be delivered.
Main Ports of Arrival
Kuwait has three main ports, all in the proximity of Kuwait City, located within the Persian Gulf. The three main ports are:
- Port of Shuwaikh.
- Port of Shuaiba.
- Port of Doha.
After arriving at the port, you will need to provide the customs agent with a temporary import permit and a letter from the employee that has sponsored you, both of which you would need to obtain in advance.
Kuwait's roads and highways are well-developed, so you shouldn't experience much difficulty in driving to your final destination.
A-1 Auto will take care of everything for you and will help you out with any eligibility questions that you may have. Contact us today!
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Kuwait
Delivering heavy equipment or oversized cargo to Kuwait that’s shipped over from the United States is bound to be challenging for anyone without the right shipping equipment or prior experience dealing with foreign import policies. At A1 Auto Transport, we have everything necessary to guarantee a safe overseas delivery. For over 25 years we have had the pleasure of transporting all types of oversized cargo and heavy equipment used in industrial, agricultural, mining, paving, construction, and engineering industries. Here are some examples…
- Dump trucks
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Pile Drivers
- Asphalt Pavers
- Road Rollers
- Large Yachts
- Pontoon Boats
- Excavators and more
When you purchase shipping services through A1, you will benefit from free insurance protection. The entire value of your cargo may not be protected under the free insurance we add on to your purchase so we offer additional insurance plans if you so desire.
Various Overseas Shipping Methods Available through A1
We have four methods of international transport for heavy equipment. These options include flat rack, container, roll on/roll off, and lift on/lift off shipping. Dependent on the type of cargo you have to ship and your budget, you may have one or more of these shipping methods available to you. Our representatives will help you with your choices before putting you on the schedule for transport to Kuwait.
If your cargo can fit into a 40ft shipping container despite its weight and size, you can use this safe, enclosed method. The cheapest options available are our open air services which include RoRo, LoLo and flat rack. RoRo is recommended to individuals with operable vehicles while LoLo is recommended for those with crated equipment or inoperable vehicles since a crane is used to move the cargo to and from the ship. Flat rack shipping may be another open air service but it provides more security by fastening your cargo to a metal frame.
Related Information & FAQs.
- Overseas transport services are the best way to ship a car from the USA to Kuwait
- Should I use container transport to ship my car to Kuwait?
- Why it’s smart to buy shipping services to get a car to Kuwait
- Car shipping services are the greatest way to get a vehicle into Kuwait
- Container shipping is the safest way to transport a car to Kuwait from the USA
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
🇰🇼 Kuwait, (KW)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To AfghanistanShip Car To AgadezShip Car To Aguascalientes
What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August