Ship Your Car To Or From Karonga, Malawi
Karonga is a township located in the Karonga district in northern Malawi. It’s located about 17.3 miles away from Kenan Ngomba and 11 miles away from Kaporo. The country is beautiful and landlocked and there is quite a lot to do – from safari animals to boating on the beautiful lake of Malawi. This is why there is no shortage of tourists here.
Learn more about shipping to Malawi.
While you visit the Republic of Malawi for an extended period of time or permanently, having your car imported is going to ensure greater convenience and quick commute through the Karonga. The entire roadway structure of the country has 9,601 miles of roads. You need to know that less than half of them are actually paved. However, most of them are convenient for any type of vehicular transport. The country is trying really hard to improve the overall structure of the roads.
Requirements for Shipping a Car
There are quite a few things that everyone from the U.S should take into account. It’s definitely not challenging especially if you hire an experienced transport company like the A1 Auto Transport service. There are no significant restrictions and you only need to submit certain standard documentations.
- The vehicle can’t be more expensive than 500 kwacha – the local currency.
- You need proof of purchase, ownership and registration
- Only one vehicle per family is allowed
- You need to have owned the vehicle for a year.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Of course, you should also consider that there is required documentation which you need to present to the local authorities. The documents include:
- Passport of the owner
- Registration card
- Invoice of car purchase
- Ocean Bill of Lading
- Contract of employment
Deciding Between Container Shipping and RO/RO
Direct auto shipping is going to cost you between $3,200 and $6,200 for shipping car from USA to Malawi. This may vary because of import costs, taxes and registration as the vehicle arrives. Smaller and standard sized vehicles are a lot cheaper to ship than larger ones – this is something that you need to take into account. When you consider the possible methods of shipping, you should know that container shipping and RO/RO are the most convenient ones. You can ship by air but this is very expensive.
- RO/RO shipping is by far the easiest way to get through the process. It’s also the quickest and least expensive method as well. The vehicle, however, needs to be completely empty. You will need to get the car cleaned, fuel and air conditioning gas removed before the vehicle is ready to be shipped. It is driven on the ship’s deck and harnessed in a pre-allocated bay. When it reaches the port in Malawi, it is driven off using ramps.
- Container shipping, on the other hand, is more expensive. However, it is more secure than RO/RO. You can also bring a lot of other belongings with you. It is all put together inside the container and then sealed and put on the ship. It is opened in presence of the Malawi Customs Officials when it reaches the port there.
To know more about the current import laws and regulations, you may contact the Embassy of Malawi in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?