Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Ioannina
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Ioannina, Greece
Ioannina is the capital city as well as the biggest city of Epirus. This is an administrative region which has its location in the north-western parts of Greece. Ioannina is situated about 280 miles from Athens, 50 miles from the Igoumenitsa port and about 180 miles from the scenic city of Thessaloniki.
Learn more about shipping to Greece.
Even though the city has well developed and proper network of public transportation and commuting from one point to another is rather easy, having your own vehicle with you is definitely far more convenient. If you are planning to move to Ioannina for a longer period of time, having your vehicle with you is definitely going to make your life easier. Though there is considerable processes that need to be completed, it helps when you work with the right auto shipping company. It is very appropriate to communicate with a professional shipping service such as the A-1 Auto Transport in order to ensure a seamless and quick transportation of your car.
Those of you who are here on an extended stay are capable of bringing vehicles, cars, motorcycles and other types of recreational vehicles free of charge for no more than 6 months. You won’t be allowed to sell your vehicle for that period, though and no one else besides you is allowed to drive it. You need to show the tags of your license plates as well as proof of insurance and registration which is valid and up to date.
Rules for New Citizens
On the other hand, those who want to move here on a permanent basis are allowed to import their vehicle without having to pay duty if the car is part of their household goods. There are, however, a few requirements needed by Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks for this to happen and they include:
- New vehicles are subjected to VAT payments and also payments for license plates as well as registration fees applicable for brand new and for used cars.
- Your car needs to be purchased at least six months prior to the import
- If you bring a car on a duty free basis you aren’t allowed to sell it for the next year.
- Vehicle inspection is needed for emission, noise and road worthiness.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Of course, you will also have to prepare quite a lot of paperwork. If you work with the A-1 Auto Transport Service, we are going to help you out significantly with this. It’s a burden but we know how to make it less overwhelming when it comes to it. The documents that you have to bring include but are not limited to:
- W-2 Form or your Income Tax Return
- Past proof of employment
- Rent receipts or property taxes
- Work permit
- Insurance proof, vehicle registration and drivers licenses
- Valid as well as expired passports of you and all of your family members
You will need to ensure that the vehicle inspections are completedOf course, there are other considerations that you need to account for and it is advisable that you turn to the Embassy of Greece in Washington, D.C.