Safe And Reliable Rhode Island Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Shipping a motorcycle to Rhode Island isn't difficult at all with all of the motorcycle transport companies available. The key is to find a shipping company that can be trusted with your bike. To do this, simply conduct some Internet research and read the reviews and ratings the company has. This will give you a better idea of how reliable they are.
Many shipping companies will offer a variety of shipping methods to select from. They will also offer insurance during the shipment. Purchasing the insurance is always wise because if damage were to occur to the bike during shipment, the insurance will help cover it.
Methods of Shipping
- Door to door shipping is when the shipping company comes to the place where the motorcycle is located to retrieve it for shipment. They will then take it to wherever you need it shipped to directly.
- Terminal to terminal shipping includes dropping the bike off at a terminal and retrieving it from another terminal. This is less expensive but can be inconvenient to anyone not near one of the terminals.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is placed inside an enclosed trailer for shipment. This keeps the motorcycle safe from any possible harm due to debris on roads, weather conditions and more.
- Open shipping is when the motorcycle is placed on an open trailer. This is a cheaper method of vehicle shipment.
- Crated shipping is quite popular and less costly than many other shipping methods. The motorcycle will need to be drained of all fluids and the battery will need to be disconnected if this is the method you choose.
The Requirements That Must Be Met Prior to Shipment
Prior to sending your motorcycle off for shipment to Rhode Island, one must make sure that all of the requirements are fulfilled. Requirements are standard for all transport methods with the exception of crated shipping.
- All fluids must be checked, as well as the tires' air pressure and the battery.
- The motorcycle mustn't have any loose items attached or anything unnecessary on it.
- Make sure there is no more than a ¼ tank of gas.
- Wash the bike and make sure that there isn't any dirt or debris anywhere.
- Check for any existing damage. Be sure to note any scratches, dents, etc. Take pictures. This will help you to notice if any further damage to the bike was done during shipping after it reaches its destination point.
- If there is an alarm system, make sure that it is disabled.
Motorcycle Shipment Companies in Rhode Island
East Coast Auto Transport
115 Amaral St.
Riverside, RI 02915
United Road Services: Davisville
40 Thompson Rd.
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Rhode Island Auto Transport
200 500 Finance Way
- Central Falls
- East Providence
- North Kingstown
- North Providence
- South Kingstown
- West Warwick
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.