- Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Louisiana (Offshore Oil Port)
- Port Of Louisiana Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Vehicle Preparation
- Cost & Quotes
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- Port Of Louisiana Neighborhood Areas We Serve
- Port Of Louisiana Includes Zip Codes
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Louisiana (Offshore Oil Port)
The Port of Louisiana, is an off shore oil port situated about 30 km off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. Lousiana Offshore Oil Port -LOOP-as it's affectionately called, deals with storage and offloading of crude oil.
Owing to the nature of LOOP, shipping cars to or from port of Louisiana is not permissible. You will have to transport your car to the nearby ports that ship cars. These ports include:
- Port of South Louisiana
- Port of New Orleans
- Plaquemines port
- Port of Lake Charles
Before delivering cars to the above-stated ports you must take the following into account.
Port of Louisiana Auto Transport Pricing & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From Port of Louisiana||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Memphis to Port of Louisiana||$278||463 miles||3-5 days|
|Louisville to Port of Louisiana||$480||800 miles||3-5 days|
|Omaha to Port of Louisiana||$658||1097 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Louisiana to Washington, D.C.||$707||1178 miles||4-6 days|
|New York to Port of Louisiana||$839||1399 miles||4-6 days|
|Boston to Port of Louisiana||$971||1619 miles||5-7 days|
|Port of Louisiana to Seattle||$1595||2659 miles||6-8 days|
|Port of Louisiana to San Diego||$1108||1846 miles||5-7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
- The vehicle must be completely free of any aftermarket add-ons like GPS navigation systems and external speakers. Failure to adhere to this will have you fined to the tune of $250 depending on the port you decide to ship through.
- When preparing for Ro-Ro shipping, all personal belongings must be removed from the car. Keep in mind that insurance does not cover theft or damage of personal belongings.
- Your gas tank should be at least filled a quarter way and should not exceed a half tank. This is to minimize any likely leaks while still offering enough gas for loading and offloading of the Ro-Ro ship.
- Your car must be thoroughly cleaned and free of any plants and pests as stipulated by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- The vehicle should be in peak working condition before you hand it over for dispatch. Keep in mind that any vehicle that can brake, be steered, rolled, and not be driven will call for manual intervention by the carrier. And this will, in turn, translate to extra charges for you.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Customs regulations demand that you must have the following documents available regardless of the port of dispatch.
- Three separate notarized copies of the certificate of title. The document is used to assert proof of ownership. In the event that there is a lien holder listed, you ought to accompany it with a letter of authorization from the lien holder permitting you to ship the
- You should present a valid passport or a driver’s license to show proof of identity. In both instances, you ought to ensure the document is not expired. The picture should be recent to allow for easy recognition.
- The vehicle inspection number is mandatory as well.
- The master bill of lading should also be produced.
Cost & Quotes
The estimated vehicle shipping cost will depend on the following key factors
- The size, type, condition, and whether or not it is custom-made. Ideally, a compact car will cost much less than a truck or an SUV owing to the difference in weight. Also, cars that bear aftermarket of customizations are often charged more.
- The distance from the port of dispatch to the port of discharge. Suffice to say, the longer the distance, the steeper the pay.
- The weather conditions.
However, you should take note that other than the auto shipper’s quotation you may incur additional port charges like wharfage and demurrage.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from port of Louisiana.
Ship Car To Another State
Cost to ship car to another state
If you're shipping your car to or from Port Of Louisiana, the most important factor affecting the cost is the distance the car needs to travel. The further the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
Other factors that can affect shipping costs include the size and weight of the car and any special shipping requirements (e.g., insurance, etc.).
A good online shipping calculator can give you a rough estimate of the cost of shipping your car to or from Port Of Louisiana. Keep in mind that the final cost may be higher or lower than the estimate, depending on actual shipping conditions.
If you're looking to have a vehicle towed to or from Port Of Louisiana, there are a few things you should know.
First, make sure you choose a reputable company that has experience with interstate towing to or from Port Of Louisiana. A lot of companies out there claim to be able to handle interstate towing, but not all of them provide equal service.
It's also important to keep in mind the different rules and regulations that apply in Port Of Louisiana and other states. Make sure you're familiar with the laws in both the state you're coming from and the state you're going to. A good shipping company should understand these regulations well.
Transport car to another state
There are a few things to keep in mind when transporting a car to another state from Port Of Louisiana. First, make sure the car is in good condition and roadworthy. You'll also want to get all the necessary paperwork in order, including a bill of sale and registration. Finally, it's important to plan your route carefully and allow plenty of time for rest stops and emergencies.
Alternatively, you can hire the services of a reputable car shipping company, like A-1 Auto Transport. We'll take care of everything, making the whole process easy for you.
Port of Louisiana Neighborhood Areas We Serve
Our auto transport services are proud to help with your move in any of the neighborhoods you see below. And if you don't see your neighborhood listed here, don't worry because we can most likely service it.
|Chevron Road||A J Estay Road||Chrlie hardison Line|
Port of Louisiana includes ZIP codes: