Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Louisiana, Louisiana
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Louisiana (Offshore Oil Port)
The Port of Louisiana, is an off shore oil port situated about 30 km off the coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. Lousiana Offshore Oil Port -LOOP-as it’s affectionately called, deals with storage and offloading of crude oil.
Owing to the nature of LOOP, shipping cars to or from port of Louisiana is not permissible. You will have to transport your car to the nearby ports that ship cars. These ports include:
- Port of South Louisiana
- Port of New Orleans
- Plaquemines port
- Port of Lake Charles
Before delivering cars to the above-stated ports you must take the following into account.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Memphis to Port of Louisiana||$463||463 miles||2-4 days|
|Louisville to Port of Louisiana||$600||800 miles||3-5 days|
|Omaha to Port of Louisiana||$658||1097 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Louisiana to Washington, D.C.||$706||1178 miles||4-6 days|
|New York to Port of Louisiana||$839||1399 miles||4-6 days|
|Boston to Port of Louisiana||$971||1619 miles||5-7 days|
|Port of Louisiana to Seattle||$1063||2659 miles||7-9 days|
|Port of Louisiana to San Diego||$1107||1846 miles||5-7 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
- The vehicle must be completely free of any aftermarket add-ons like GPS navigation systems and external speakers. Failure to adhere to this will have you fined to the tune of $250 depending on the port you decide to ship through.
- When preparing for Ro-Ro shipping, all personal belongings must be removed from the car. Keep in mind that insurance does not cover theft or damage of personal belongings.
- Your gas tank should be at least filled a quarter way and should not exceed a half tank. This is to minimize any likely leaks while still offering enough gas for loading and offloading of the Ro-Ro ship.
- Your car must be thoroughly cleaned and free of any plants and pests as stipulated by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- The vehicle should be in peak working condition before you hand it over for dispatch. Keep in mind that any vehicle that can brake, be steered, rolled, and not be driven will call for manual intervention by the carrier. And this will, in turn, translate to extra charges for you.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Customs regulations demand that you must have the following documents available regardless of the port of dispatch.
- Three separate notarized copies of the certificate of title. The document is used to assert proof of ownership. In the event that there is a lien holder listed, you ought to accompany it with a letter of authorization from the lien holder permitting you to ship the
- You should present a valid passport or a driver’s license to show proof of identity. In both instances, you ought to ensure the document is not expired. The picture should be recent to allow for easy recognition.
- The vehicle inspection number is mandatory as well.
- The master bill of lading should also be produced.
Cost & Quotes
The estimated vehicle shipping cost will depend on the following key factors
- The size, type, condition, and whether or not it is custom-made. Ideally, a compact car will cost much less than a truck or an SUV owing to the difference in weight. Also, cars that bear aftermarket of customizations are often charged more.
- The distance from the port of dispatch to the port of discharge. Suffice to say, the longer the distance, the steeper the pay.
- The weather conditions.
However, you should take note that other than the auto shipper’s quotation you may incur additional port charges like wharfage and demurrage.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance shipping cars to or from port of Louisiana.
Reviews from Customers in Port Of Louisiana, Louisiana
The first time I used A1 Auto Transport was when I had to get an Audi to Louisiana from New York. I had no problem with the communication. It went smoothly. Every question I had was answered on the sport, with no beating around the bush and thoroughly.
At first, I wasn’t sure if I should call Joe, so we communicated over text and email until I built up the courage. Even then, he would reply to my questions almost immediately. He sent one of his trucks to my home. It arrived in just 2 days, and the driver was just as professional. Joe also dropped by to make sure everything went smoothly.
He encouraged me to call him whenever I needed, which I did, perhaps a bit too often. The driver also stayed in touch, sending me regular updates on the shipment’s progress. They allowed me to choose the location for the drop off, so I didn’t have to travel at all to pick it up. My car was in perfect condition, and it’s all thanks to their team effort. As far as customer experience goes, this is some of the best I’ve ever had.- Kyle W.
This is the real deal! A lot of people I know have been telling me A1 Auto Transport is very impressive in terms of quality of service. I was furious about the wrong quotation that was sent to my email, but after letting them know about it, they immediately called and clarified all the mishaps.
I was ready to escalate the issue, but they seemed genuine in their apology and efforts, so I forgave them. Everyone from A1 Auto Transport took ownership of my issues. Impressive! They took good care of my Mini Cooper and got it to Louisiana on time. No amount of money could replace their great customer service!- James X. D.