Shipping Cars To or From Port of Lake Charles
The Port of Lake Charles is an industrial hub that offers employment to many residents in Lake Charles Louisiana. It is said to be the twelfth busiest port in the country and a major importer of crude oil. It has seen tremendous growth from its unveiling in 1924 to date seeing as more and more cars are being shipped into and out of the harbor.
Here is what you need to know about shipping cars to or from Port of Lake Charles.
Choosing the right shipping company
Lake Charles has quite a number of shipping companies, and it calls for vigilance on your part to separate the chaff from grain. Look for one that offers affordable prices equipped with all the facilities needed to import and export automobiles from one port to another throughout the globe. It should have a dedicated team of customer care personnel and ample storage facilities. A-1 auto transport is a connoisseur in this regard.
Bear in mind that the shipping company will be accountable for any damages sustained by your automobile. Keenly inspect your car upon delivery and ascertain everything is in order before allowing the agent of the company to take off.
Only take a chance on companies that are willing to show you proof of insurance. Don’t blindly take their word. Let them provide it to you before signing on the dotted line.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing to ship
Arm yourself with sufficient documentation as required by the law. The essential paperwork for shipping cars to or from Port of Lake Charles includes; a valid driver’s license, vehicle identification number, and proof of ownership. Added to that, make sure your vehicle meets the stipulated standards of the USDA. You ought to ensure that your car is properly cleaned before subjecting it to vehicle inspection. The key areas you ought to pay extra attention include:
- Around mud guards and beneath wheel arches
- All tyres- inclusive of the spare one
- Check for plant matter and insects in the deep corners of the engine
- Remove any cobwebs in the dashboard area and beneath the car seats
- If you fail to meet these standards, you will have to contend with delays and extra costs at the port.
The shipping technique
When shipping cars to or from Port of Lake Charles, the financial budget of the vehicle transportation needs to auger well with the type of car you intend to ship. A high-end car will require shipping by container as opposed to a Ro Ro vessel because of safety measures. Bigger vehicles will ask for a higher spending plan owing to their weight.
At the port of Lake Charles, cars are either shipped by containers or by roll on roll off vessels. Opt for the container method when you have various vehicles being shipped overseas. For all other cases, Ro Ro is a more desirable technique seeing as it’s pocket-friendly and snappier than the former.
The A-1 Auto Transport outfit, ships both to and from the port of Lake Charles and offers very affordable prices. If in need of any assistance, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Auto Transport Services in Louisiana (LA), USA
- Alexandria, Louisiana (LA)
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana (LA)
- Bossier City, Louisiana (LA)
- Houma, Louisiana (LA)
- Kenner, Louisiana (LA)
- Lafayette, Louisiana (LA)
- Lake Charles, Louisiana (LA)
- Metairie, Louisiana (LA)
- Monroe, Louisiana (LA)
- New Iberia, Louisiana (LA)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (LA)
- Opelousas, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Fourchon, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Greater Baton Rouge, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Intracoastal City, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Lake Charles, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Lake Providence, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of Louisiana, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of New Orleans, Louisiana (LA)
- Port of South Louisiana, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Of Terrebonne, Louisiana (LA)
- Port Plaquemines, Louisiana (LA)
- Ruston, Louisiana (LA)
- Shreveport, Louisiana (LA)
- Slidell, Louisiana (LA)