Motorcycle shipping services are a wonderful way to deliver your bike across state lines. Rather than driving the bike through the country, you can take alternate transportation methods.
This allows you to save the mileage on the bike for when it arrives and even take other belongings with you. Not much fits on a motorcycle so instead of shipping over all the other belongings, get the bike delivered. It will more than likely cost less.
The Shipping Methods to Consider for Bikes.
When it comes to selecting a motorcycle transport method there will be several options. Find one that fits the budget and that makes you feel safe about the entire process. Motorcycle shipping companies throughout Middleton offer several methods of delivery. They even offer insurance for the shipping process.
- Crated shipping protects the bike from bad weather, crime and poor road conditions. This is the safest method of shipping. The motorcycle will be strapped to a wooden platform and placed inside a container. Make sure the motorcycle's drained of fluids and the battery's disconnected.
- Enclosed shipping is another safe method of transport. The bike's placed in an enclosed container and kept safe from outdoor elements.
- Open air shipping is the cheapest form of delivering a motorcycle. The bike's placed on an open flatbed trailer. If road or weather conditions are poor, the bike may suffer a little damage. Insurance coverage will pay for repairs.
- Terminal to terminal shipping includes dropping the bike off at a terminal nearest to Middleton. It is then picked up from another terminal nearby the bike's destination.
- Door to door transport is a service where the company comes to retrieve the motorcycle from you. It is then taken directly to its new home.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.