How Much Does It Cost?
- The safest way to ship a Mercedes Benz is through enclosed transport methods. This is a cost effective service that tends to cost slightly more than open air services.
- To ship your Mercedes Benz safely through a reliable transport company, expect to pay $150 to $10,000. The rate charged depends on the shipping services chosen, current fuel costs, and the services selected for the luxury vehicle’s delivery.
To have your Mercedes Benz delivered to another location; find the most reputable exotic car shipping company available. Make sure they carry a great reputation for their services and that their prices are affordable. A1 Auto Transport happens to have all the qualifications needed to prove their success in the auto transport industry. Call us at 800-452-2880 for a FREE quote and more information.
Get the Mercedes Benz Ready for Take Off
Prepare the exotic car for its delivery weeks before the transport is scheduled to begin. Trying to have everything prepared and ready takes some time to complete. On top of gathering the right documentation, the vehicle itself will need to be readied as asked for by the transport company. This is all normal maintenance at the most part but is necessary for the car’s safe delivery.
By preparing the Mercedes Benz, you are assuring its safety during the shipping process. Those caring for the luxury car as it travels will also be kept safer with the fulfillment of vehicle prep.
- Clean the vehicle inside and out. Remove any items that weren’t with the vehicle after it was manufactured unless you are shipping the vehicle through enclosed shipping services.
- Check the tire pressure and the fluids.
- Leave the fuel tank less than ¼ full.
- Document all present damage done to the automobile before its transport. Pictures help too.
- If asked, disconnect battery and alarm system.
When you prepare the Mercedes Benz as asked, you are not only protecting the car and those caring for its transport, but you are complying with the transport company’s insurance policy. If an accident were to happen during your Mercedes transport, filing an insurance claim is only possible when the necessary preparation was taken. Preparing the vehicle for transport is the best way to assure you’re in compliance with all regulations.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.