McKinney Motorcycle Shipping
Scheduling a ship date with a motorcycle transport company in McKinney will save you time and money. One reason why it is a good idea to hire a professional transport company is because it will save your bike from unnecessary wear and tear.
The first thing you should do before hiring a transport company is collect three quotes from different companies.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How long does it take to Ship a Motorcycle?
Typically, shipping a motorcycle from coast to coast takes up to two or three weeks. You can keep track of the progress of your motorcycle no matter the distance by utilizing real-time satellite tracking. When it comes to leaders in the motorcycle hauling industry, they have a complex network of routes available to them in order to provide quick deliveries.
Prepare Your Bike Prior to the Ship Date.
By preparing your motorcycle, you will make the drivers job much easier and it will also give you peace of mind. Make sure to take your motorcycle to a mechanic to have any leaks repaired. If your motorcycle is leaking fuel or oil, this will cause problems for the other bikes on the trailer.
- Wash the motorcycle.
- Remove any personal possessions.
- Disable the alarm.
- Make sure there is no more than a quarter of a tank of gas in the bike.
- Top off all of the fluids, check the tire pressure and battery.
- Document the condition of the motorcycle.
Different Types of Shipping.
- Enclosed Transport – This shipping solution is the safest way to ship a bike.
- Open Air Transport – This is the most popular and most cost effective shipping option.
- Door to Door Delivery – Have your motorcycle picked straight from your home and delivered directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal – This is the least expensive way to ship your bike.