Scheduling a ship date with a motorcycle transport company in McKinney will save you time and money. One reason why it is a good idea to hire a professional transport company is because it will save your bike from unnecessary wear and tear.
The first thing you should do before hiring a transport company is collect three quotes from different companies.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How long does it take to Ship a Motorcycle?
Typically, shipping a motorcycle from coast to coast takes up to two or three weeks. You can keep track of the progress of your motorcycle no matter the distance by utilizing real-time satellite tracking. When it comes to leaders in the motorcycle hauling industry, they have a complex network of routes available to them in order to provide quick deliveries.
Prepare Your Bike Prior to the Ship Date.
By preparing your motorcycle, you will make the drivers job much easier and it will also give you peace of mind. Make sure to take your motorcycle to a mechanic to have any leaks repaired. If your motorcycle is leaking fuel or oil, this will cause problems for the other bikes on the trailer.
- Wash the motorcycle.
- Remove any personal possessions.
- Disable the alarm.
- Make sure there is no more than a quarter of a tank of gas in the bike.
- Top off all of the fluids, check the tire pressure and battery.
- Document the condition of the motorcycle.
Different Types of Shipping.
- Enclosed Transport – This shipping solution is the safest way to ship a bike.
- Open Air Transport – This is the most popular and most cost effective shipping option.
- Door to Door Delivery – Have your motorcycle picked straight from your home and delivered directly to its destination.
- Terminal to Terminal – This is the least expensive way to ship your bike.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory