- Mcas Beaufort, South Carolina, Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping To A Base In The Conus Area
- Full List Of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Military Car Shipping
- Preparing Your Car For Shipment
- Military Motorcycle Shipping
- Preparing Your Motorcycle For Shipment
- Contact Us
MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina, Shipping Services by A-1 Auto Transport
Located in Beaufort county just outside of South Carolina the marine corps air station Beaufort is operated by the United States Marine Corps, hosting about seven quadroons and over 4200 troops together with their families. The Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station is mandated to anchor and coordinate the continued support for the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing and host all active duty F/A-18 Hornet flying operations located anywhere along the east coast. MCAS Beaufort has a blurry history even on-site, there is limited information available however what is known is that it got a formal start in 1943 as a united states military operation circa. It was later redesignated in 1960 and granted the official name, MCAS Beaufort. Another distinguished fact known is that it was used as a staging area by British soldiers during the American Revolution and later during the civil war. If you are looking to move your vehicle to the MCAS Beaufort base, we at A-1 auto can help.
Shipping to a Base in the CONUS Area
The government usually does not sponsor most officers’ moves within the United States, however, there are some exceptions that exist, and you may be eligible for one of them. You will need to contact your designated transportation officer to know if you qualify under these exceptions. As soon as you know where you are posted to it would be in your best interests to begin the shipping process by taking the first step of contacting moving companies like A1 auto-transport. A1 auto transport provides you with the convenient service of a non-obligatory free quotation for your vehicle move.
Full List of Military Shipping Services We Offer
- Household goods
Military Car Shipping
When shipping a motor vehicle to the Beaufort base there are several factors to take into consideration. Firstly, it is important to fully fill in the necessary forms prior to your move, as your move will not be processed without adequate documentation.
Preparing your car for Shipment
Prior to your move, you will need to do the following:
- Remove all personal items from inside the vehicle and disable the alarm
- Ensure that the car is cleaned inside and out by either you or at the car cleaners
- Ensure that you empty the gas tank so that it doesn't leak during transportation
- Ensure that you document all damage such as dents on the car well to avoid disputes in the event of a damage claim.
- The vehicle must be registered or leased by an active member of military staff or military dependant
- The vehicle must also be road-worthy, functional, and legal to travel on public highways and have at least 4 wheels with the exception of a motorcycle.
Military Motorcycle Shipping
Undertaking a motorcycle shipping expedition as an individual is almost impossible when you have a long-distance to cover, not to mention the total toll it would have on your body, added costs of gas, wear and tear, and lodging along the way. This may leave the overall bill skyrocketing as compared to just hiring a reliable moving service.
Preparing your motorcycle for Shipment
Preparation for shipping a motorcycle is nearly similar to that of a car
- Draining fluids like gas or coolant is important as it prevents leaving during transportation
- Ensure you have all the appropriate, necessary documentation.
Remember: you will always need your military ID in order to pick up your vehicle at the destination point. If you are looking for reliable services to assist you with a military vehicle move Contact A1 Auto transport at (1-888-230-9116)