Hire an international transporter out of Miami to ship your car into Panama for you. The shipping process isn’t something for an untrained or unfamiliar individual.
There is a lot involved in an overseas transport even if it’s from Miami to Panama.
- Aside from hiring the right transporter, preparing for the shipping process is equally as important.
- Keeping a list of everything involved in your relocation will help you stay on task to make sure time restrictions are met.
- Specific documentation and forms of proof must be shown to the personnel at the Customs office. Provide the various types of proof to the Customs office. As long as you gave them everything asked for, they’ll award a certificate of import approval for your car.
- The transporter is familiar with foreign import law, but the Embassy of Panama offers the most factual and up to date information. They can even give you exact tax and duty rates for auto import.
- Pay all duties and tariffs. The embassy can provide details in regards to import costs for the country too. Ask for the exact percentage rates for each duty and tax relevant to your circumstances and vehicle type.
- RO/RO transport is the cheapest transport method available and the most purchased service for customers shipping a car to Panama from Miami.
- Clean the car out and get it in its best condition before its delivery into another nation. Take pictures and document any existing damages. Check all fluids in the car and fill them. The only fluid that should read less than a quarter of a tank full is the fuel.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.