Learn about Shipping a Car from the USA to Switzerland through Professionals
There is so much entailed in an overseas transport for a car. No matter what type of vehicle is to be shipped, it takes an experienced crew and the right shipping services to oversee its safe arrival in Switzerland.
That’s why it is so important that as a shipping customer, you select a dependable company for the arduous task of shipping the car to Switzerland from the U.S.
When you decide to hire a shipping company, the first step is to use online resources to find the companies local to you in the U.S. Find a few international auto transporters with positive reviews, up to date contact information, an informative website, and higher ratings. Call them for quotes and to ask questions. Choose the transporter you like the most and book your car’s shipping date to Switzerland. Let customer service help you choose your transport method if you aren’t certain what service might be best.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After the Transport Is Scheduled.
After the date is set in stone with the transporter, it is time to prepare for the big day. Professionals working for the transport company will guide you through, seeing as this is the most important part of the entire transport process.
- Call the Embassy of Switzerland for the latest import laws and tax rates.
- Create a to-do list to keep track of what is left to fulfill before the transport date.
- Start collecting the proof that Customs needs to grant the certificate of import approval.
- Pay all duties and taxes. Keep the record of payment for Customs.
- Prepare the vehicle. Get it ready as demanded by the transporter. Take pictures for your own documentation.
- Have a ride arranged to drop off and pick up the car.