Whether you are moving to Las Vegas, Nevada or you need to ship a motorcycle out there for someone, consider having it transported through a reliable shipping company. There are many different methods to choose from and an abundance of transport companies in the Las Vegas area. Transporting a motorcycle is easier than you might think and it isn’t all that expensive either.
As long as you take the time to find a company you feel is dependable, the shipping of your motorcycle should go along just fine. The company’s priority is to get the bike to where it needs to go safely, without causing it any harm. Many companies even offer insurance options for the shipping process to help put your mind at ease.
What are My Shipping Options for the Motorcycle?
When it comes to transporting the motorcycle, there are plenty of options available. It is all a matter of preference and your budget. Some methods will cost more than others. Weigh out the options and contact a few companies to get quotes. Below, are the shipping options you will have to choose from.
- Enclosed Transport: A method of shipping in which the motorcycle is placed safely inside an enclosed trailer for transport.
- Open Air Transport: A method of transport where the bike is placed on top of a flatbed trailer.
- Crated Transport: This is a method where the motorcycle is strapped to a wooden pallet and then placed inside a small container. The motorcycle will need to be drained of all fluids and the battery will need to be disconnected.
- Terminal to Terminal Transport: This is a service where the company requires the bike to be dropped off at a terminal for transport. It is then taken to another terminal in Las Vegas where it will need to be picked up.
- Door to Door Transport: This is a service where the company comes to pick the bike up from where it is located. It is then dropped of wherever it is needed in the City of Las Vegas.
The Requirements to Prepare for Shipping
There are several things that must be done before a motorcycle can be shipped to Las Vegas. These are standard requirements. The only method of transport that doesn’t follow standard procedure is crated transport.
Clean the motorcycle thoroughly.
Document all preexisting damage and take pictures.
Check fluids, tire pressure and battery.
Make sure there is no more than a ¼ of a tank of gas in the bike.
Disable the alarm system.
Remove loose items from the bike.
Transport Companies in Las Vegas
1900 E. Tropicana Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
5320 W. Ganado Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89103
2045 Village Center Cir.
Las Vegas, NV 89134
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory